Rolex needs service?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, its been 7 years since it was purchased, and it spent the last 5 years sitting in a safe deposit box unused. So thought better get it serviced since it will be used regularly from now on.

they did a polish for ur watch right?

they did a polish for ur watch right?

Don't know. Will be collecting end of the month (2 weeks). Think everything included in the service

Don't know. Will be collecting end of the month (2 weeks). Think everything included in the service

that quote include of poilsh..try wear more offend la...mechnical watches is meant to work...it will lats u loooooong time.

that quote include of poilsh..try wear more offend la...mechnical watches is meant to work...it will lats u loooooong time.

ya rolex mechanical watch is good. Mine still going strong for already 7yrs. :thumbsup:

ya rolex mechanical watch is good. Mine still going strong for already 7yrs. :thumbsup:

actuali most of the swiss mechanical is good n accurate...sori har am not anti- R...vry sensitive ler..

actuali most of the swiss mechanical is good n accurate...sori har am not anti- R...vry sensitive ler..

keke not sensitive lar. Got to agree swiss make very good watches. :)

I'm amazed at the resale values of the Rolexes - I've been told that they actually appreciate in value over time. Do other makes hold or appreciate in value as well? e.g. IWC, Brietling, Omega,etc

I'm a total newbie at this. :)

I find most of the Rolexes to be really butt ugly. But there are a few gems in amongst the lot. ;p

I'm amazed at the resale values of the Rolexes - I've been told that they actually appreciate in value over time. Do other makes hold or appreciate in value as well? e.g. IWC, Brietling, Omega,etc

I'm a total newbie at this. :)

I find most of the Rolexes to be really butt ugly. But there are a few gems in amongst the lot. ;p

rolex will appreciate over time but u have to keep it long...say abot 8-10 yesrs for "wear free" ..another one brand that can command higher price in short time is Panerai..simple n nice..but huge at 44mm.

IWC, Omega will lose lots of money once u let go but these are high quality timepiece too as compare to R**** some even better.

I owned an Oris since 4 years ago...i can sell it at the price that i bought today ...thanks to the agent keep p the retail over these years.

it all depend...and many pple nowaday for mid range not common known brand..good quality n be different.:)

I wonder what makes IWC/omega better than Rolex when they are tweaking 3rd party ETA movements for the lower and mid end watches? Rolex runs on full in house movement and few companies are able to achieve that deed alone. Not forgetting Rolex pioneered the 1st water resistant watch, 1st watch featuring self winding movement, 1st watch featuring date on dial, 1st watch with 2 time zone, 1st watch certified as a chronometer. And no one has as many certified chronometers as Rolex to date.

I wonder what makes IWC/omega better than Rolex when they are tweaking 3rd party ETA movements for the lower and mid end watches? Rolex runs on full in house movement and few companies are able to achieve that deed alone. Not forgetting Rolex pioneered the 1st water resistant watch, 1st watch featuring self winding movement, 1st watch featuring date on dial, 1st watch with 2 time zone, 1st watch certified as a chronometer. And no one has as many certified chronometers as Rolex to date.

if talk about in hse movement, Seiko has in hse movement too...

as for certified chronometers, accurcy can be achieve even watches w/o d cert..but there's a price to pay for the cert tho..

dial, case, movement finishing will have to take into a/c of the watch right..

if talk about in hse movement, Seiko has in hse movement too...

as for certified chronometers, accurcy can be achieve even watches w/o d cert..but there's a price to pay for the cert tho..

dial, case, movement finishing will have to take into a/c of the watch right..

A grand Seiko cost more than an avg rolex, IWC and omega.

A 14060M although not chronometer certified is the exact same movement used the explorer1 which ironically is a certified choronometer. The 14060M being almost the same price or slightly dearer depending where you buy.

In terms of accuracy, a digital casio does better timing than a seiko 5 or a rolex. Owning a watch is more about a personal preference. One can argue one brand over another, i guess its within comfort zone how much one is willing to pay for a watch.

only $51 to replace gmt master's bezel? ... plastic one izt.. ? i think you mean the sticker (which indicate 12 hours) that's on it lar...

bezel insert is anodised aluminium.....bezel itself is SS.....

$51 is for the insert....

A 14060M although not chronometer certified is the exact same movement used the explorer1 which ironically is a certified choronometer. The 14060M being almost the same price or slightly dearer depending where you buy.

In terms of accuracy, a digital casio does better timing than a seiko 5 or a rolex. Owning a watch is more about a personal preference. One can argue one brand over another, i guess its within comfort zone how much one is willing to pay for a watch.

hey..i agree if accurcy is a concern then quartz is the way to go..but it is just a pc of PCBA..even w/i mechanical watches..pple will argue about auto vs manual wind, date vs no date etc...well u are right ..buy whichever that value to u and u like not others like.:)

bezel insert is anodised aluminium.....bezel itself is SS.....

$51 is for the insert....

Wonder how much to change the bezel then :sweatsm:

hey..i agree if accurcy is a concern then quartz is the way to go..but it is just a pc of PCBA..even w/i mechanical watches..pple will argue about auto vs manual wind, date vs no date etc...well u are right ..buy whichever that value to u and u like not others like.:)

Heard the GMT Master loses 3 secs/day or something like that.. don't know though, have not been using it long enough to see the cumulative loss :)

Wonder how much to change the bezel then :sweatsm:

not sure...u can check with them but i dun think its necessary cos ss is quite tough.....why replace something when it's still in good condition....

not sure...u can check with them but i dun think its necessary cos ss is quite tough.....why replace something when it's still in good condition....

Just wondering... have no intention of changing it :D

my dad's 6694, a manual winding oyster date, is still working since 1973........it received its 1st service only in 2003.....quite amazing huh....:)

seriously, u think those ah pehs who wear rolex really think that the rolex watch actually gives accurate timings? i think most of them buy for the crown & would die to have more diamonds in the watch...

seriously, u think those ah pehs who wear rolex really think that the rolex watch actually gives accurate timings? i think most of them buy for the crown & would die to have more diamonds in the watch...

True. A Rolex is a status symbol first, time-piece second for them :D

Status
Not open for further replies.