River Hongbao Opening Ceremony Fireworks from *secret location*

Status
Not open for further replies.

aloyteo

Sep 14, 2005
aloyteo.multiply.com
here are some of my shots taken (actually i only took 9 shots cos the fireworks display was so short!)

i went to marina bay - the reclaimed land area to shoot. i was surprised that not even a single photog was there. i repeat - NOT A SINGLE PHOTOG, only about 4 cars parked along the road with families inside. when i mean photog it means at least got tripod, not shoot with handphones. the location is just a short 5-10 mins leisurely stroll from marina bay mrt station. u have to walk through the underpass under the ECP and once u are out from the other side, the entire curve road provides a good view point with the marina centre buldings as a backdrop.

all shot using my humble canon g3. too bad the smallest aperture is f8 - that's why my trails are a bit fat. also i'm using a lousy tripod and it was quite windy yesterday, so i think my camera was swaying with all the camera strap flying about, thus the trails are a bit crooked.

ycchen

May 10, 2005
a nice shots you have over there

roughly know where it is, thanks

tec

Oct 3, 2005
Redhill
Hi hi, what is the focal length used for your above pics?

tec

Oct 3, 2005
Redhill
Thanks aloy, I might consider gg there since its not too crowded.
But cant get much of the buildings due to the distance from there, would it... hmm
Thanks anyway!

aloyteo said:
about 100mm 35mm equivalent cos i didn't zoom in all the way on my 4x zoom

yhw22

Dec 6, 2005
woo...nice shoots meh. ;)

aloyteo

Sep 14, 2005
aloyteo.multiply.com
to harrynkl: maybe i'll be going on tuesday, but i will confirm by tmr. if i'm going i will be going with some of my friends but they will not be shooting

to tec: maybe can zoom in more but risk cutting off the fireworks trail or shoot vertically. too bad the suntec buildings were not lighted up.

harrynkl

Dec 1, 2005
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
www.pbase.com
aloyteo said:
to harrynkl: maybe i'll be going on tuesday, but i will confirm by tmr. if i'm going i will be going with some of my friends but they will not be shooting

to tec: maybe can zoom in more but risk cutting off the fireworks trail or shoot vertically. too bad the suntec buildings were not lighted up.

can i join along wit u 96801285 sms if u confirm

Status
Not open for further replies.