River Hongbao Opening Ceremony Fireworks from *secret location*

Status
Not open for further replies.

aloyteo

Sep 14, 2005
aloyteo.multiply.com
here are some of my shots taken (actually i only took 9 shots cos the fireworks display was so short!)

i went to marina bay - the reclaimed land area to shoot. i was surprised that not even a single photog was there. i repeat - NOT A SINGLE PHOTOG, only about 4 cars parked along the road with families inside. when i mean photog it means at least got tripod, not shoot with handphones. the location is just a short 5-10 mins leisurely stroll from marina bay mrt station. u have to walk through the underpass under the ECP and once u are out from the other side, the entire curve road provides a good view point with the marina centre buldings as a backdrop.

img0853medium1wi.jpg

img0854medium1of.jpg

img0857emedium0cs.jpg

img0859medium2st.jpg

img0860medium3yz.jpg

all shot using my humble canon g3. too bad the smallest aperture is f8 - that's why my trails are a bit fat. also i'm using a lousy tripod and it was quite windy yesterday, so i think my camera was swaying with all the camera strap flying about, thus the trails are a bit crooked.

a nice shots you have over there

roughly know where it is, thanks

Hi hi, what is the focal length used for your above pics?

Thanks aloy, I might consider gg there since its not too crowded.
But cant get much of the buildings due to the distance from there, would it... hmm
Thanks anyway!

aloyteo said:
about 100mm 35mm equivalent cos i didn't zoom in all the way on my 4x zoom

woo...nice shoots meh. ;)

to harrynkl: maybe i'll be going on tuesday, but i will confirm by tmr. if i'm going i will be going with some of my friends but they will not be shooting

to tec: maybe can zoom in more but risk cutting off the fireworks trail or shoot vertically. too bad the suntec buildings were not lighted up.

aloyteo said:
to harrynkl: maybe i'll be going on tuesday, but i will confirm by tmr. if i'm going i will be going with some of my friends but they will not be shooting

to tec: maybe can zoom in more but risk cutting off the fireworks trail or shoot vertically. too bad the suntec buildings were not lighted up.

can i join along wit u 96801285 sms if u confirm

Status
Not open for further replies.