Ridata 150x CF/SD Promotion!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I placed a reservation for 2 8Gb CF cards.
Just remembered that my current Ridata 8Gb has been to Mt. Fuji during winter and worked flawlessly! :heart: :thumbsup:

BTW, I'm in no way related to EG, I just want to state that I am a strong believer of their aftersales service and this is a quality product. I have tested this card and believe in it's reliability and it meets my expectations. :D

I can still hear the cry of my friend who bought a 2gb card at $500+ a couple of years ago..

if it's of any comfort to ur fren, my 1st piece of 256MB Transcend 20x CF card dat i bought together with my ex-300D cost me almost $400 5yrs back.... :bheart:

i'm not too sure abt the current PnS cameras. however, i do believe the current batches of DSLRs can take 4GB and above SD cards. older generations of PnS might have a problem. like my wife's minolta xT - it has problems reading my 1GB sandisk (normal spd) SD card... :think:

And my USB 2.0 card reader cant read my Transcend 150X 2GB card...

Sometimes, the cards are too advance for the current setup, better stick to what we have in the meeantime until the further major upgrade. ;p

And my USB 2.0 card reader cant read my Transcend 150X 2GB card...

Sometimes, the cards are too advance for the current setup, better stick to what we have in the meeantime until the further major upgrade. ;p

Heard of compatability issues of Transcend cards with other devices too. :think:

My D80 should be able to take SDHC cards. So i will chiong for the 8GB version when it comes!!! :lovegrin:

if it's not SDHC, i'm gonna hold-back on the purchase as SDHC was created to ensure compatibility or reliability of high capacity SD cards (abv. 2GB) and i probably wouldnt trust anything above 2GB that isn't SDHC =(

correct! :D

My D80 should be able to take SDHC cards. So i will chiong for the 8GB version when it comes!!! :lovegrin:

Yes, it should. But the 8Gb SDHC @ what price? :sweat:

Hi Guys,

We have a sample of the 150X Ridata 4GB SD card for testing before purchasing.

Hope this helps!

Hi Guys,

Hope this helps!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi Guys,

Hope this helps!

Thanks! :thumbsup: for those in doubt! :D

Pricewise, the 150x 4GB SD looks really attractive. But has anyone tested it? Does it have 150x write speed. Some of us had bad experiences with the Transcend 150x 4GB card. The read speed was around 150x but the write speed was very, very slow, like less than 30x.

Pricewise, the 150x 4GB SD looks really attractive. But has anyone tested it? Does it have 150x write speed. Some of us had bad experiences with the Transcend 150x 4GB card. The read speed was around 150x but the write speed was very, very slow, like less than 30x.

The Ridata Pro 150X 2GB SD test results with a D80 here looks :thumbsup: ! ;p

The Ridata Pro 150X 2GB SD test results with a D80 here looks :thumbsup: ! ;p

Unfortunately, you cannot assume that the 4GB Ridata cards will be as fast or faster than the 2GB Ridata cards. They may be totally different.

Reports from various users indicate that the Transcend 150x 2GB SD was ok but not the 150x 4GB SD. On Rob Galbraith's site, you will find that the 4GB 150x Transcend was even slower than the 1GB 80x Transcend.

Unfortunately, you cannot assume that the 4GB Ridata cards will be as fast or faster than the 2GB Ridata cards. They may be totally different.

Reports from various users indicate that the Transcend 150x 2GB SD was ok but not the 150x 4GB SD. On Rob Galbraith's site, you will find that the 4GB 150x Transcend was even slower than the 1GB 80x Transcend.

This was ment as a camera specific guide. If anyone really wants a test, EG has an opened card for test. Can bring your camera and/os laptop down to test before purchase mah.

just got the 4 gig sd card from EG, worked well with my d80 but unfortunately my usb2.0 reader cant detect it, anyone has the above problems and ways to rectify it?

just got the 4 gig sd card from EG, worked well with my d80 but unfortunately my usb2.0 reader cant detect it, anyone has the above problems and ways to rectify it?

Try another card reader? :dunno:

came back from EG earlier.. as mentioned earlier, the stocks are truely.. v.low. (if the shelves are an indication of the stocks that is)..

8gb - only 4 packs left
4gb - about 7-8 packs left..

came back from EG earlier.. as mentioned earlier, the stocks are truely.. v.low. (if the shelves are an indication of the stocks that is)..

8gb - only 4 packs left
4gb - about 7-8 packs left..

That's true. Dun think they have any more stock behind nor if they are going to be getting another batch soon. :sweat:

I had to reserve the quantity that I wanted. :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.