Ricoh GX100 or R6

Status
Not open for further replies.

findtay

Oct 1, 2006
Marine Parade
Hey guys,

Need some advice here. Just saw the GX100 today and was really tempted in getting it but just saw another camera (R6) which seems like quite a good one to get too so am asking anyone here with experience on both to voice their opinions.

The pros for the GX100 is that it has functions similar to a DSLR and looking from the website, the R6 has a 7x zoom while the GX100 only has 3x.

Overall, which is a better camera to get?

how much is the GX100?

I like the GX100 because it offers RAW format.

Otherwise, I would probably prefer the R6 for the zoom range

how much is the GX100?

I like the GX100 because it offers RAW format.

Otherwise, I would probably prefer the R6 for the zoom range

The GX100 is $840 if i'm not wrong but I have no idea on how much the R6 cost and didn't get to see it just now.

The GX100 is $840 if i'm not wrong but I have no idea on how much the R6 cost and didn't get to see it just now.

R6 cost SGD 483 after 5% at AP with 1GB card. Not sure about the 7% now. I bought it with a third part battery, upgraded the SD card to a 2GB card, and got a screen protector at SGD 520 after 5% GST.

R6 is an awesome camera! The picture quality really impresses me. Size, weight, AF speed, functions etc etc are quite good IMHO. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

But maybe CS is a wrong place to ask, I don't think there are many Ricohphiles here. DPreview might be a better place, I see many who have both cameras. :)

Oh yes, MS selling them too, at SGD 599 with many weird freebies.

http://www.mscolor.com.sg/images/Flyer-AMK_Hub1_Front.jpg

R6 cost SGD 483 after 5% at AP with 1GB card. Not sure about the 7% now. I bought it with a third part battery, upgraded the SD card to a 2GB card, and got a screen protector at SGD 520 after 5% GST.

R6 is an awesome camera! The picture quality really impresses me. Size, weight, AF speed, functions etc etc are quite good IMHO. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

But maybe CS is a wrong place to ask, I don't think there are many Ricohphiles here. DPreview might be a better place, I see many who have both cameras. :)

Oh yes, MS selling them too, at SGD 599 with many weird freebies.

http://www.mscolor.com.sg/images/Flyer-AMK_Hub1_Front.jpg

Thanks Mac13! Think am more inclined now to getting the R6 too since it's more portable as I already have a 400D and the zoom sure comes in handy! But can I ask how is the batt life for the R6?

Thanks Mac13! Think am more inclined now to getting the R6 too since it's more portable as I already have a 400D and the zoom sure comes in handy! But can I ask how is the batt life for the R6?

Hey, I am a Pentax K100D user, and the portability of the R6 is really a plus point. When I got the camera recently, I told myself that I don't want a camera which was like a dSLR, or something bulky, since I already have a bulky camera!

Battery life is excellent! According to Ricoh, it's battery life is 330. But for my first shoot, after charging the original battery fully, I got about close to 500(517 to be exect, still showing all three bars!) photos, with the usage of flash here and there. The third party battery from AP is much more powerful than the original one, so I am expecting more than 500 photos. :cool:

Hey, I am a Pentax K100D user, and the portability of the R6 is really a plus point. When I got the camera recently, I told myself that I don't want a camera which was like a dSLR, or something bulky, since I already have a bulky camera!

Battery life is excellent! According to Ricoh, it's battery life is 330. But for my first shoot, after charging the original battery fully, I got about close to 500 photos, with the usage of flash here and there. The third party battery from AP is much more powerful than the original one, so I am expecting more than 500 photos. :cool:

Ha! Thanks man! But it seems that the reviews are also saying that if you can afford more to upgrade to the GX100 so that's why I wanted to find out the difference from the people who have used it. But thanks man for your input!

Ha! Thanks man! But it seems that the reviews are also saying that if you can afford more to upgrade to the GX100 so that's why I wanted to find out the difference from the people who have used it. But thanks man for your input!

Maybe you drop by a store which has both models, then you compare them side by side, see which one is much more comfortable. For me, the first time I took a photo with the R6, I fell in love with it.

Saw the user opinions on dpreview.
Seems like a guy posted pics using wide angle on R6 and the pictures have blurred top right side. I couldn't really tell. What say you. But I read rave reviews about GX100, though.

Saw the user opinions on dpreview.
Seems like a guy posted pics using wide angle on R6 and the pictures have blurred top right side. I couldn't really tell. What say you. But I read rave reviews about GX100, though.

I think that is common with the R6, with others having blur sides on other parts of the photo. Maybe it's just the way the lens was designed, I really don't know. But so far, for me, no blur sides. I guess, some units are lemons.

How to not get lemon camera when you buy? Can you detect blur quality on the lcd screen or will they print for you to see.

Or can return to shop if not satisfactory? Is there's a Consumer's Rights protection law under which we can do so?

Which place to buy? Thinkg of audio house, cos got 40dlr voucher to spend. How ah?

thanks

Yah confirmed, went to check, Audio House don't sell Ricoh.

does F6 movie function allows zooming while recording?

my worry is the reliability of F6. heard stories abt it... any views?

fingers xxx... seems like it is a real bargain for the features

Status
Not open for further replies.