Ricoh GR

The raw image window preview is very slow, not sure was it my card? Anyone have this problem?

Last edited:
1000996_10151690119962910_2138378765_n.jpg

Here's mine

It was cloudy and cooling during weekend. It was nice weather to walk around and shoot.

The raw image window preview is very slow, not sure was it my card? Anyone have this problem?

What is your SD Card? Class 10?

Thanks, sanfong. I am using Extreme SanDisk SDHC. Intially my pC cant even view DNG file. Managed to download the codec for the preview but it was slow. Jpeg was ok.

Thanks, sanfong. I am using Extreme SanDisk SDHC. Intially my pC cant even view DNG file. Managed to download the codec for the preview but it was slow. Jpeg was ok.

I have the same similar problem as yours. Mine's a 16gb extreme and when I switch to Raw mode the photo took forever to load on my camera LCD screen.

51-ma0l7RZL._SX385_.jpg

I'm using Sandisk Extreme 32GB 45MB/s Class 10.

Tested taking some shots. Review immediately after shot loaded on screen almost instant and go back to view all photos taken in RAW loading same speed. Loading time RAW vs JPEG are at same speed. Don't see lag when zooming in too...

I assume you are at RAW+JPEG with NR on. When NR is in process and it will take longer to view photo.

I removed NR at all ISO from day 1 , reason because Ricoh produce film grain which I love them and NR will slow shot to shot timing. Oh yes, I did not format my SD card in camera nor PC, I leave it at factory default.

Last edited:
I have the same similar problem as yours. Mine's a 16gb extreme and when I switch to Raw mode the photo took forever to load on my camera LCD screen.

I use 16GB Class 4 SDHC card on GR, no issue with slow loading on LCD or PC, most likely the NR switch on as Sanfong said.

Does it make any difference if I use color space sRGB or AdobeRGB on the GR ? I have been using AdobeRGB on the Pentax Kr.

Last edited:
I'm using Sandisk Extreme 32GB 45MB/s Class 10.

Tested taking some shots. Review immediately after shot loaded on screen almost instant and go back to view all photos taken in RAW loading same speed. Loading time RAW vs JPEG are at same speed. Don't see lag when zooming in too...

I assume you are at RAW+JPEG with NR on. When NR is in process and it will take longer to view photo.

I removed NR at all ISO from day 1 , reason because Ricoh produce film grain which I love them and NR will slow shot to shot timing. Oh yes, I did not format my SD card in camera nor PC, I leave it at factory default.

Thanks for the tip! It worked! I use raw only ! Switching off NR is the only way to go !

Thanks for the tip! It worked! I use raw only ! Switching off NR is the only way to go !

You are welcome. :)

RAW + JPEG works too once NR is turn off.

Succumbed to the poison, got my first Ricoh from TK Photo.

like to give an update here. Received the batteries today, bought at USD2.94 for 2 pieces . Work perfectly on my GR.

Is there standalone charger that supports this 3rd party battery?

like to give an update here. Received the batteries today, bought at USD2.94 for 2 pieces . Work perfectly on my GR.

Thanks for the link, good grab!!