Rhythm

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveL

Jan 23, 2007
Hi all, this is my 1st post here. I'm stil brand new in photography. Here i wanna share a photo taken with my D40. It is a travelling boat heading near the Merlion (Esplanade). I am trying to capture the rhythm of the water. Critics and Comments are mostly welcome! Thanks! :D
Rhythm.jpg

this picture is neither here nor there, there is an impact of water but no source. hence it does not tell a story.

also, the picture have slanted horizon, in this case on the top of the image, removing it, will crop the boat as well. so in this way, its a pic thats is good in thought, bad in execution. would be better in wide angle.

try to isolate unwanted things, wait for the moment, if you can't get it, then forget it. if its not yours, its not yours.

Hey, that's an excellent attempt.
I love the spray of the water and the white foam seen.

I feel that the top has been cropped somewhat too tightly though, a little more space above the bumboat would yield a more "comfortable" image.

U could also try a black and white conversion for the image, I tink it's pretty promising!

Good try and keep shooting!

Yeah, u're rite about the slanted horizon, i didn't realize it until u told me. I'll take note of it the next time. Maybe with a wider angle will be better. bout the spray of the water, hmm, if i were to show the merlion, i won't be able to catch the splash of the water that way. I'll try to shoot a better image next time. Thanks a lot for ur comments Del CtrlnoAlt!

Status
Not open for further replies.