Review: Nikon's newest line - the Nikon 1 series V1 and J1 cameras

How much for the F mount adapter?
adapter not available. Was told probably next 2 months, price not available until the adapter is made available. When it is here I will probably organize a molestation session session with the 70-200, 300, 500 and 600mm lenses for interested members

Last edited:
adapter not available. Was told probably next 2 months, price not available until the adapter is made available. When it is here I will probably organize a molestation session session with the 70-200, 300, 500 and 600mm lenses for interested members

When checked (needed to borrow a loan set for company field tests) was also told that Nikon SG is not exactly sure how the adaptor will work - while it is not a teleconverter, probably would have some light falloff. When queried further, it was beyond my technical ability to understand (macro lens increase in aperture size when coming closer to 1:1 distance, was told it follows roughly the same principle - this part I don't understand).

Also another concern was the current needed to drive traditional AF lens - unknown at this point in time. Personally, I suspect shorter battery life. With AF-S, maybe not an issue.

One last point was VR - about 1 stop efficiency reduction for VR.

4 different kits available for Nikon 1 V1

Standard Kit
Nikon 1 V1 with 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm S$1299

Nikon 1 V1 with 1 Nikkor 10mm S$1369

Dual Lens Kit
Nikon 1 V1 with 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm and 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm S$1549
Nikon 1 V1 with 1 Nikkor 10mm and 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm S$1499

these are RRP/SRP/List price

Any local price list for the J1 sets?

A sneak peek of what is to come.... Looks like the Nikon 1 system is very interesting in terms of expandability...

6244780325_653eb1e513_z.jpg

Other prototypes presented includes, touch controlled LCD panel, projector, mini LED, Joystick, Network adapter. And I am pretty sure there are some other surprises on the way, especially after talking to some of the folks at the launch.

[video=youtube;lzEoVLAvUU0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tdgh-tTxiDU[/video]

another slow motion video sample

Judge Ortega, did you shoot this at 400 or 1200 fps? Looks great...

Last edited:
Any idea on the price of the 10-100mm VR ?
Interested in a V1 + 10-100mm kit.

By the way, did you happen to test the low light performance?

Looking to get the pink one for my g/f but she usually takes pictures at night.

Deathegg said:
By the way, did you happen to test the low light performance?

Looking to get the pink one for my g/f but she usually takes pictures at night.

I posted hi ISo noise tests images I believe they are on the 1st page

quite disappointing, tested the V1 alongside with friends gf2 and ep3.... the focusing speed is not any faster than those 2 and even more disappointing..it not as steadfast in achieving focus as the gf2 and ep3

If Nikon will buy or build a Lytro lens for this series it will be the new Wonder of the world.

If Nikon will buy or build a Lytro lens for this series it will be the new Wonder of the world.

Not the lens... the sensor. Also, you will be down to 496x496 pixels.

Even if Nikon builds the first, other companies will soon follow...

wow nikon is really pulling out all the stops for their 1 series.. lens and accessory lineup is impressive. puts sony/panasonic/oly to shame