Reverse Mount!!!

zac1989

Jan 1, 2011
I am currently using a 50mm/1.8f Canon Prime portrait lens. Cheap and good. I heard from my friend reversing it will give you macro effects.

Where can I get a reverse mount in Singapore, and how much does it cost?

When I reverse it do I need to remove the filter I have attached (before reversing)?

Thank you.

And what size of reverse mount should i get?

And what size of reverse mount should i get?

You can choose to leave the filter on or not, its totally up to you. If you are using the 50mm f1.8 then the size you should get is the 52mm one.

Thank you for the replies!

I have some more questions.

1) How exactly is the name for the 52-58 thingy. I couldnt google anything on it. (step up/ stepdown? o.0)

2) How much is it and where can I get it?

3)Is it better to attach reverse 50mm on the kit 18-55mm, or reverse 18-55mm on 50mm.

Thank you for the replies!

I have some more questions.

1) How exactly is the name for the 52-58 thingy. I couldnt google anything on it. (step up/ stepdown? o.0)

2) How much is it and where can I get it?

3)Is it better to attach reverse 50mm on the kit 18-55mm, or reverse 18-55mm on 50mm.

#3 post above has the link explaining the lens arrangements for using 2 lenses setup:
Cam+ prime+shorter focal length prime reverse mounted. The 2 lens held together by a male to male coupling ring

Another is direct reverse mount a lens onto the cam body.

There are stickies here in cs showing now to calculate magnification etc.

One source that I've used to get parts:

http://store.tagotech.com/index.php?cPath=22_40&osCsid=5cfd32eb8b4207468b13604843441c9c