Returning from duty

Status
Not open for further replies.

cryder

Dec 7, 2006
Taken at Tanjong Beach Sentosa. Remind me of scene from Top Gun?(or some other related movies) where fighter planes returing from duty with the exception now that it is replaced with the Chinooks.

Exposure : 1/3200s
Aperture :f/4.8
ISO : 200
WB : Auto

Would like comment on the composition and the above 4 values.

Original photo without any changes other than resizing & cropping(even more).
DSC_0146.jpg

Original photo without any changes other than resizing & cropping.

Original posted photo. This photo was LR +0.7ev.

nice...
but did you capture the choppers flying closer towards you?
think it will have a bigger impact..

waahhh.. very vietnam war like shot.. reminds me of Alcopyse Now.. haha... better if the choopers were nearer to you to create more drama especially if you also slow down ur shutter to capture the rotating blades..

as for background, maybe an orange-ish sunset may work.. it will add to the 'drama' of the shot like there's a war going on somewhere behind...

nice...
but did you capture the choppers flying closer towards you?
think it will have a bigger impact..

hmm, cant remember whether the choppers were flying towards or away from me:think:

waahhh.. very vietnam war like shot.. reminds me of Alcopyse Now.. haha... better if the choopers were nearer to you to create more drama especially if you also slow down ur shutter to capture the rotating blades..

as for background, maybe an orange-ish sunset may work.. it will add to the 'drama' of the shot like there's a war going on somewhere behind...

the original was actually darker. i upped the ev by 0.7.

Tighter crop with darker shillouette will be better in my opinion.:)

ya this i think so. should it be like the updated photo?

The choppers still look a bit too small... :)

hi, points from me:
1. sky has quite a promising blend of clouds. perhaps you can wait for more colours in the sky to improve the pic. i would prefer the sun to occupy 1/3 top left.
2. the vegetation on the land sure remind me of jungle war ops. however, the 2 plots of vegetation do not seem to be in line, giving me a misconception of horizon tilt. a tighter crop or a pan to the right would probably reduce the "parallax error" and give more focus on the flying objects.
3. the chinhooks are good subjects as they are primarily troop carriers. If you take a closer zoom, it could bring out the subject more strongly.
4. i believe this is shot handheld? try to go for a f/stop with greater DOF (like f/8) as it looks OOF and a lower shutter speed. you may get something more dramatic on the clouds if that day was windy.

keep going, i can feel what you're driving at so it's a gd attempt imho ;)

From my first look, i didnt even notice there's chopper~

I feel the mood is there but the helis are too small, if you can capture just the helis a bit bigger and forms a silhouette in front of the sun , it would be nice.

But great catch anyway.:thumbsup:

Nice image. I like it... almost feeling "evil in paradise". I said almost because it would have been more perfect if the helicopters were Apaches and not the Chinook... now its more like "Delivery in Paradise"... ha ha ha... reminds me of war movie posters. Nice one... might want to work on the post processing a little more though... but nevertheless, I like the image.

Choppers are too small to be noticeable for silhouette effects and neither the clouds nor the sun is dramatic enough. Sorry, din work for me. Try again! :thumbsup:

I took the liberty of tweaking the image colours and contrast a little, since I am such big battle movie fan... please let me know if you find this offending and I will gladly take it off...

chopper_shot.jpg

Looking at the washed out sun, makes me feel as if some Decepticon just fired a weapon or something... LOL. (Sorry, I am still in Transformers fever)...

Looks better after PP, but sadly cant do much to salvage the 'decepticoned' sun :bsmilie:

would look even better with the choppers closer to you
TiInk microcosm's pp is not bad.Pity bout the sun though

Status
Not open for further replies.