Restaurant By The Sea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope to spend something like 150..... Want to go to somewhere that is not so well known... maybe an obscure....?

Dotty's Cafe at Keppel Marina will fit the bill

*sea view
*obscure
*next to nature
*within budget

:angel:

Besides those mentioned above, there are also:
1. Galley by The Straits, off Admiralty Road inside SAF Yacht Club, full seaview, quiet atmosphere, average food, average service
2. The Olive, at Labrador Park, up in the hill, quiet atmosphere, average food, good service, u can also choose the table on the opposite side, confirm quiet and romantic and no one disturb
3. Wild Rocket, Upper Wilker Road, quiet atmosphere, good food, good service, its indoor, but after dinner, u and yr partner can walk out to the park outside for a romantic stroll

Take note these 3 places are out-of-way location, so u need to drive there.

yes, Dotty Cafe is a cool place to being someonw. Romatic, well, that will depend on how you define romantic.

Shore Restaurant at the SAF Yacht Club Sea Sports Centre would be nice. It's located just before the NSRCC clubhouse.

Food is good, service is there and budget reasonable enough. Faces the open seas with a breakwater and also windy from the constant breeze there with the occasional plane landing/taking off at Changi Airport. But don't wear your expensive shoes there as the tables are placed on a beach setting, they are all on beach sand and you would not want to get sand into you expensive shoes I guess.

Been to the restaurant at the SAFYC clubhouse at Sembawang but not what I would exactly call a sea view, more like a channel view with the Malaysian shores rather close by.

Another place would also be the SAFYC Changi clubhouse which is located just before Changi Naval Base. Never tried the food there yet but the setting is almost the same as the restaurant at the Sea Sports Centre. Biggest difference will be the little boardwalk they have there instead of sand.

Cheers.

There is one at Dempsy Rd ( spelling ?? ), opp the Botanical Gardens. Can't remember the name, but if you go in by the road just opp the Botanic Gardens ( at the traffic junction ) it is about 50 meters away on your right. Same thing, open concept very near to nature. Anyone knows the name? Did a PR shoot there ( better check if they're booked for function first ) and saw the manu, prices are reasonable. I guess a dinner for 2 may cost around $100 to $120 ? Unless of course if you go for lobster, prime cut of beef, etc :bsmilie:

another one you may want to try is the one at Mt. Faber. very romentic but not sure of the price.

Do you mean the PS Cafe by ProjectShop Bloodbrothers?

The one I mention at Dempsey RD is call "Dempsey's Hut". Manage to find it amount my emails :)

.......But don't wear your expensive shoes there as the tables are placed on a beach setting, they are all on beach sand and you would not want to get sand into you expensive shoes I guess......

Is that the SAF Yacht Club in Sembawang? I was there in late Dec ( daytime ) and the outdoor dinning area I saw is build on a raised platform flash with the ground level. Maybe they have another outdoor dinning area on the beach at night :dunno:

Dotty's Cafe at Keppel Marina will fit the bill

*sea view
*obscure
*next to nature
*within budget

:angel:

Besides those mentioned above, there are also:
1. Galley by The Straits, off Admiralty Road inside SAF Yacht Club, full seaview, quiet atmosphere, average food, average service
2. The Olive, at Labrador Park, up in the hill, quiet atmosphere, average food, good service, u can also choose the table on the opposite side, confirm quiet and romantic and no one disturb
3. Wild Rocket, Upper Wilker Road, quiet atmosphere, good food, good service, its indoor, but after dinner, u and yr partner can walk out to the park outside for a romantic stroll

Take note these 3 places are out-of-way location, so u need to drive there.

Hmm..... my wedding anni. is coming soon, maybe can bring my wify to one of these place

Wow, so many ideas, thanks so much....

I searched the internet and all i come up with Halia Restaurant is this

http://www.halia.com.sg

Doesnt say much but really look nice..... What kind of food are they serving? If only they have a online menu.

Hey have anyone heard of this restaurant serving French food? Its called Sebestian's Bistro under the Les Amis Group. Its at Greenwood Avenue.... Anyone eaten there before? Is it nice?

Sebestian is good, but far from being romantic.

Halia serves continental cuisine. Food ivery good. The ambiance is romantic, and not going to break your bank

In what sense? The decor or ambience inside? Is the food good?

So Halia should be better la right?

The food is good and the prices are reasonable (bistro prices).

The decor is, well, typically bistro..... A little dark, but it's slap bang in the middle of a residential estate behind NJC. Can't really expect a romantic atmosphere, can you?

If you're going for good food with decent pricing, Sebastian's is a good bet.

Bernard

They do have a boardwalk area there but there isn't really any beach there at all, just a small one if you actually call that a beach. Furthermore if you are looking for a seaside restaurant with nice sounds of waves splashing against the breakwater or beach, you won't find that in Sembawang. The waters there are what I would call "dead" as it basically flows to the causeway further up and back out. Only advantage there is that it is a good training area for new sailors as they do not need to fear open currents and big waves.

I remember being there a few occasions and you can somehow smell something like rotting fish that are being washed up on the small sandy patch beside the restaurant. After that always made a point to sit on the second floor of the restaurant building.

Is that the SAF Yacht Club in Sembawang? I was there in late Dec ( daytime ) and the outdoor dinning area I saw is build on a raised platform flash with the ground level. Maybe they have another outdoor dinning area on the beach at night :dunno:

Hey, do you have any nice romantic restaurant to recommend? Prefferably with a view to the sea or by the beach?

There is a Chinese restaurant by the sea at Sembawang call The Bottle Tree... you can try.

bottletree.jpg

There is a Chinese restaurant by the sea at Sembawang call The Bottle Tree... you can try.
Dont try this, lousy. Last week I went there, the waitress said all the tables near the sea were "reserved", (even though no one sat there till we left), the food & rice served was cold, (imagined the taste of can-food???), it was freaky.

In what sense? The decor or ambience inside? Is the food good?

So Halia should be better la right?

Sebastian is a red checkered cloth tyoe of atmosphere. Wine is reasonably priced, food is food. Lighting is harshed, it's noisy, you get the idea.

Halia, food is equally good. The outdoor patio has soft low lighting, candle light (Seb also has but really you are not using candle light to illuminate) illuminate the table. At plus good food and decent prices.

Do you mean the PS Cafe by ProjectShop Bloodbrothers?

i would agree to the PS cafe

good service, good food and great ambience.

I love having brunch there on Sundays.

a bottle of wine, close friends, good food - that's greatness.

heehee

Sebastian is a red checkered cloth tyoe of atmosphere. Wine is reasonably priced, food is food. Lighting is harshed, it's noisy, you get the idea.

Halia, food is equally good. The outdoor patio has soft low lighting, candle light (Seb also has but really you are not using candle light to illuminate) illuminate the table. At plus good food and decent prices.

food is good u mean at Sebastian? which one more ex? sebestian is french right?

Dont try this, lousy. Last week I went there, the waitress said all the tables near the sea were "reserved", (even though no one sat there till we left), the food & rice served was cold, (imagined the taste of can-food???), it was freaky.

i think u make a mistake, was there almost every week the food was great and the weekend was so crowded that you may not get a sit, i think u go wrong restaurant lol. juz kidding or maybe the food there dun suit and did u highlight to the waitress when the food was served cold? i cannot imgine that u keep quite when the food was served cold. unless u tok cok, lol kidding. will email the management about this comment made by you.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.