Request for recommendation SD card and places

Renman2735

Dec 17, 2010
Dear Experts,

After much consideration I purchased a Panasonic SD60 (they ran out of TM60s unfortunately).

I am now looking for SD cards and it's even more confusing than I would have guessed.

May I have recommendations as to

1. Brand of card. Mine came packaged with 8Gb Toshiba but I'll definitely need another one. Sandisk seems to have good repute but I'm damn confused by all their different versions such as Extreme, Extreme III, Ultra etc. I believe I can forget about Compact Flash and stick to SDHC

2. Where to purchase? I was comparing prices from B&H (overseas) and DDE Electronics (Singapore). thanks to my general ignorance even price comparisons were hard. Is it cheaper to buy cards here or from overseas, and is there a recommended venue?

PS: Given all my readings I think that speed of transfer to computer is definitely important for me. My rudimentary reasoning so far leads me to decide I'll really be wanting Class 6 and above, yet some don't go by this rating, just by Mb/s. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Any other advice would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

RM2735

Last edited:
Memory World Funan. Bought 32gb class 10 Transcend @ $115. The px of a 16gb Sandisk is more expensive. so far so good.

Hi Marc

Thanks for your response.

Is there a consensus on which brand, if any, is the best as in most reliable, accurate to specs etc? My original confusion came about because of the myriad brands. I also understand that for a simple camcorder a class 10 is unnecessary, and a class 6 would suffice. Is that accurate?

Thanks once again.

For me, 16GB is about 3hours worth of 1080p recording.

bought them when i need them.