Removing stackable filters

Status
Not open for further replies.

kohss

Deregistered
Jan 27, 2004
Singapore, West
Hi!

I have 2 filters stacked together and are now unable to separate them. I do not want to use too much force... any tips?

1 is UV filter and the other is Circular Polar (makes it harder to turn since is "free turning")

Thanks

kohss said:
Hi!

I have 2 filters stacked together and are now unable to separate them. I do not want to use too much force... any tips?

1 is UV filter and the other is Circular Polar (makes it harder to turn since is "free turning")

Thanks

Trying using water, drain both the filters into a pail and try to turn them tactfully.
Hope it can work.

King Tiger said:
Trying using water, drain both the filters into a pail and try to turn them tactfully.
Hope it can work.

won't the metal ring become rusty den the oil between the cir pol filter get washed away? den worst is when water droplets dry up on lens, its really hard to remove the stain.

if dun wanna use strength, very hard to remove... normally my cir pol will stuck to the UV filter as well, den the UV filter dislodge from the camera lense, so i went to tighten the UV filter to the camera again, den try to remove the cir pol.

Thanks for many suggestions.

Someone also replied this:

"One trick I’ve used is to take a small length of masking tape and fold it to the approximate width of the filter rims. Then stick a piece on the edge of each filter. This should give you the needed grip to separate the two. Good luck."

I used it and it work beautifully.

Thanks again!

Another trick u can try is to use a rubber band. Just go round one of the filters with the rubber band and it should give you enuff grip to seperate the 2. Furthermore, the rubber band can be easily "stowed" by wrapping it around your filter casing. Use it all the time since my Cir Pl always gets stuck to my step-up ring :cry:

1. Use 1-2 rubber bands on the polariser, so that you can grip the part that attaches to the UV filter. You may need a wider rubber band as the outermost layer
2. Grab the polariser firmly with a towel
3. Press the combo on a tyre or a flat piece of rubber
4. Twist

Status
Not open for further replies.