Remove Lens Sticker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shall go down to Nikon service centre to check the cost. If they really can't fix it, then I'll just leave it alone as most of you have adviced ;)

Most of you would probably think it's really weird that I'm doing this but the scratches really bother me, since my camera is perfectly scratchless I dont want to have a lens with scratches all over the label.

Thanks for your comments.

it may be cheaper just to buy a brand new lens.

Not even a hairline scratch, ts? :D

I shall go down to Nikon service centre to check the cost. If they really can't fix it, then I'll just leave it alone as most of you have adviced ;)

Most of you would probably think it's really weird that I'm doing this but the scratches really bother me, since my camera is perfectly scratchless I dont want to have a lens with scratches all over the label.

Thanks for your comments.

Everyone is weird in their own way. :cool:

Just to remind you that you can still buy a fairly new copy of the lens in BnS for around 150. And you can sell your old one for like 100 or something.

Hi, I would like to know if the label infront of the lens can be removed? The one stating "AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6G VR". The reason is that I've scratched it somehow. The lens is not scratched, just the label. What is the best way to remove it? I'm quite sure its a sticker.

Heh heh, still don't know how u managed to scratch that part. it's recessed and even closer to the filter thread 'sidewall' than the lens itself.

Anyway, let us know what NSC can do for your lens - interested in knowing how they will fix this.

i am collecting my new lens tomorrow . . . think i should keep it in its box for good . . . :bsmilie:

sorry, just want to have some fun.

funniest thread for the week :bsmilie:

seriously, scratches and stains is unpreventable, unless you gaffer it.

and it's just a 18-55.... the refurnish cost is unjustifiable .... :confused:

if its those gold rim lenses i heart pain, those 18-55....

=.=

Well yeah I guess its weird that I'm doing this. Do you think they can replace it for $100+?

$100 u can buy the lens at BnS....

If they quote you more than $20 can just walk off already. I mean, sooner or later, your equipment will have some minor cosmetic scratches. And the labour cost of CSC is already more than $20. Haha

Well yeah I guess its weird that I'm doing this.

Not only that, but in a beastly anal kind of wierd. It's a STICKER.Fonts.Words.whatever.itsYOURlens. We don't care, just that this thread is making us sick from all the laughing knowing what you want to do/achieve from this nonsensical waste of time n effort.

Well yeah I guess its weird that I'm doing this. Do you think they can replace it for $100+?

This Monday just go to NSC and ask them.
I am curious to know what their response are.

100+?

Give me your lens and 100+ and I will give you a 18-55VR mint copy in return.

can try to use scotch tape.. to tape it off... IF U WANT

I think they will replace the lens housing, and won't be able to just replace the "sticker".
If your lens is still under warranty, check with them whether they can waive the service charge and just charge you for the lens housing. Remember to bring your purchase receipt if you have it.

Do remember to get a filter to protect your lens in future. Put on the lens hood for further protection.

Firstly, thank you all for the time to reply this thread, as I know it does sound ridiculous to replace the sticker.

I just visited the Nikon service centre, and they replaced the sticker for just $34+. :bsmilie:

Firstly, thank you all for the time to reply this thread, as I know it does sound ridiculous to replace the sticker.

I just visited the Nikon service centre, and they replaced the sticker for just $34+. :bsmilie:

Seriously, they really want to replace it?
Whoa, I thought they'd be ignored it. How do you say to them?

Congratulation for your brand new "Sticker" :thumbsup:

Seriously, they really want to replace it?
Whoa, I thought they'd be ignored it. How do you say to them?

Congratulation for your brand new "Sticker" :thumbsup:

I just ask them to replace it? The staff went to check and then quote me a price. I'll be collecting the lens in one week's time, since they need to dismantle to replace the sticker.

I just ask them to replace it? The staff went to check and then quote me a price. I'll be collecting the lens in one week's time, since they need to dismantle to replace the sticker.

Great, now please get a filter and protect the sticker from future scratches!!

Status
Not open for further replies.