Reduced in sharpness after crop?

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
I guys check with u all. After I have crop the picture, it does not look sharp. Is this normal? The focus is on the crop object. But it's 100 m away
Nope, unless:

1. After crop you are re-compressing the JPEG
2. You are over-zooming into the pic (viewing the pic at a resolution that is larger than 100%)

I am shooting in raw. I zoom in to the eyes... They are not sharp.

Next I try to take a landscape with F8, I was at wheelock and shooting at ions. The people does not look sharp. I am viewing in Lightroom. Will go back n check if that was over 100% view

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005

Next I try to take a landscape with F8, I was at wheelock and shooting at ions. The people does not look sharp. I am viewing in Lightroom. Will go back n check if that was over 100% view
I'm not sure what either of these have to do with cropping.

seezhijie

Nov 8, 2010
Malaysia
rvf79 said:

What shutter speed did you use to begin with?

catchlights

Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
nope, if it is sharp in the first place, it will still be sharp after cropping,

but if you resize the image, originally not sharp will become worst.

edutilos-

Dec 28, 2010
The Universe
www.facebook.com
I guys check with u all. After I have crop the picture, it does not look sharp. Is this normal? The focus is on the crop object. But it's 100 m away
It is not clear what you are saying.

If you are viewing everything at the same size, cropping is not a destructive action (a destructive action is something that reduces detail, e.g. saturation, contrast, when overapplied can become destructive) by any means and it will NOT affect photograph sharpness logically.

edutilos-

Dec 28, 2010
The Universe
www.facebook.com

Ok, so where is the crop?

Are you using the wrong term for "crop"?

Top Bottom