Reduced in sharpness after crop?

rvf79

Jul 28, 2003
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Visit site
I guys check with u all. After I have crop the picture, it does not look sharp. Is this normal? The focus is on the crop object. But it's 100 m away

I guys check with u all. After I have crop the picture, it does not look sharp. Is this normal? The focus is on the crop object. But it's 100 m away

Nope, unless:

1. After crop you are re-compressing the JPEG
2. You are over-zooming into the pic (viewing the pic at a resolution that is larger than 100%)

I am shooting in raw. I zoom in to the eyes... They are not sharp.

Next I try to take a landscape with F8, I was at wheelock and shooting at ions. The people does not look sharp. I am viewing in Lightroom. Will go back n check if that was over 100% view

What lens?

Next I try to take a landscape with F8, I was at wheelock and shooting at ions. The people does not look sharp. I am viewing in Lightroom. Will go back n check if that was over 100% view

I'm not sure what either of these have to do with cropping.

upload image pls...

rvf79 said:

What shutter speed did you use to begin with?

nope, if it is sharp in the first place, it will still be sharp after cropping,

but if you resize the image, originally not sharp will become worst.

It is not clear what you are saying.

If you are viewing everything at the same size, cropping is not a destructive action (a destructive action is something that reduces detail, e.g. saturation, contrast, when overapplied can become destructive) by any means and it will NOT affect photograph sharpness logically.

Ok, so where is the crop?

Are you using the wrong term for "crop"?