Recommended SLR Camera for absolute beginners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go 2nd hand shop like The Camera Workshop at Penisular Hotel, play with some of the Canon or Nikon camera. Just go for whichever u feel more comfortable with.

For me, I think EOS5 is a very good machine to start and grow with. Coupled with VG10, its a darling :heart:

feryl said:
Hi,

I would like to get an entry level SLR camera to try my hand at simple photography and its functions (with the hope that one day i may learn enough to do more). However, I am confused at the range of cameras available. So can someone recommended a simple and cheap ($200-300) camera with an adequate zoom lens? My personal preference would be either Nikon or Canon.

Get a fully manual camera. I started off with one and really learnt alot about exposure etc. Started with a Ricoh KR-5sv. Can lend you if you want...:) Comes with a 35-70mm lens

this issue is very simple to handle:

1. try to read up and learn everything on your own. it takes only a few months to master the technical basics and make it a natural thing to do
2.while doing so, use the cheapest body and the kit lens
3.afetr the few months are over, make sure u have enough money to buy thr best bodies and the best lenses. at this stage, u r already a pro in your own right. you wont have to ask questions fro manyone anymore. u have already learnt everything on your own, made up your mind on what equiptment to use, what style u own. its only those niche areas and "creative" areas like macro, portrait posing that at this stage then u start to tackle
4.simple and fuss free approach ^_^

Pentax MZ-30 w/ 35-80 for only $199
w/ qdate for $229

Status
Not open for further replies.