Recommended Lenses

jimmykoh76

Oct 15, 2010
Singapore
Hi all,

I just upgrade from DX to FX system and I am interested to look for some lense

I am shooting more towards street photograph, lowlight and landscape.

What lenses would you all recommend?

THanks for all your help

Nikon 14-24 F2.8 .. 1 lens cover all your requirement :)

Nikkor 24 f1.4 id think.

You can save a fair bit of money by getting a used MF 28mm F/2.8 AIS lens.
Do a search and you will see the reputation of this lens. Make sure it's AIS. The others just do not have the same optical formula.

Although it's MF, for even street photography, very little focusing is required; just a touch of the focusing ring. At F/8 the DOF is from about 2m to infinity.
It focuses down to as near as 200mm; almost perfect for macro as well.

And needless to say it is well-known to be very, very sharp.

Street, low light and landscape .......

Usually anything within the range of 14mm to 70mm depending if you are into UWA or 24mm to 70mm if you are not/(not so) into UWA.

Depending if you want to have 1 lens attached and leave it there all the time, Primes or a mix of both and budget, there is a wide range to chose from.

If there is ONE lens to carry that can do all 3, it would be a 24-70mm f/2.8 zoom.

You can look at the Tamron or Nikon model of the 24-70mm f/2.8

Street, low light and landscape .......

Usually anything within the range of 14mm to 70mm depending if you are into UWA or 24mm to 70mm if you are not/(not so) into UWA.

Depending if you want to have 1 lens attached and leave it there all the time, Primes or a mix of both and budget, there is a wide range to chose from.

If there is ONE lens to carry that can do all 3, it would be a 24-70mm f/2.8 zoom.

You can look at the Tamron or Nikon model of the 24-70mm f/2.8

which is better in your opinion? i am looking for the 24-70 as well after once my upgrade to D600.

some sites say Tamron better some Nikon making me all confused. VR not important for me

which is better in your opinion? i am looking for the 24-70 as well after once my upgrade to D600.

some sites say Tamron better some Nikon making me all confused. VR not important for me

The Nikon one is pretty much unbeatable in term of IQ, build, AF... unless you are comparing prices. That is probably one area that Tamron will win.

"I am shooting more towards street photograph, lowlight and landscape."

So many choices in the market.
You may need to know whats your favorite range or focal length. For this nobody but only you can help yourself.

For me. I know i will go with the 24-70 If i need to do those 3 and only can afford 1.
:)