Recommended Camera Shop in JB

Hi I going Angsana to hoot a D7000 tomo. Can anybody advise the cab fare from checkpoint to there is around how much? Thks.

From JB Sentral to Angsana, cost us RM14 using taxi meter. Back from Angsana to JB Sentral is $13.30 fixed rate, buy ticket from booth beside taxi stand. Do compare prices between Mee Too and Photo Berlian before buying. Good luck. :)

Thks for the info. Hopefully will be a fruitful trip:)

Hi guys just want to ask is there any tax refund when you buy in jb ? And when you enter singapore is there any tax?

Dear all,

The other day i just happened to travel to JB to try to get cameras and lenses. To my surprise that some shops in JB as mentioned in this thread have no different from some of the Ah Bengs Shops in SLS.:eek:

Some points to take note:

1) They are selling original stuff and grey stocks, therefore if want to buy cameras there, do take note on the warranty and accessories. Better to buy the original / major item from them, avoid any offer for any accessories at all cost. And check the warranty / box of the item, intended to buy. Some sub standard items are sold in premium price there! For my case, I tried to get a D700 there, asked whether is it a local (MY) set, was confirmed by the salesperson. However, when I checked the warranty card and the box, it's stated it is a HK set. Well, if I was told is "grey" set, I can still understand that but they are selling the "grey set" with local price? :nono: Maybe some shops tries to get quick bucks as D700 is having shortage now. Also, I note that (as I was offered for) a lcd protector offered by them is not as good as selling in SG but the price is much higher.
Please note that, I do not think they will entertain any exchange once items were sold maybe due to their breach of their promises.

2) One of the salesmen I met, kind of rude and gave baseless comments. In fact, it 's not one, but two. Some of their salesperson are unprofessional and do not know anything about cameras/ lenses. They get impatient shortly after I enquired some of the stuffs and looks unreluctant to serve. E.g.: Salesperson A: "If you don't believe the price I quoted is the cheapest, you may take this paper and go asking around, if there is lower, I will knock down by a car!" Salesperson B: "This is confirm an authentical local set, you young people always so suspicious!"

3) Becareful that the set they selling is display set. It might not necessary the display set that we always encounter in most of the shops. It's that let say they have a A set. It depends on how many consumers tried the set before the A set is sold. If it's lucky only 2-3 customers have tried the camera and shutter count sure is not "0". According to them is normal. It's totally different from the "display set" concept. However, if they do not want to bear the cost for display set, I think at certain point, they will pack the display set back and sell it as a brand new set.

These are my encounter for some of the potential buyers in JB. So be careful if buyers would like to take their own risks.

007 said:
Dear all,

The other day i just happened to travel to JB to try to get cameras and lenses. To my surprise that some shops in JB as mentioned in this thread have no different from some of the Ah Bengs Shops in SLS.:eek:

Some points to take note:

1) They are selling original stuff and grey stocks, therefore if want to buy cameras there, do take note on the warranty and accessories. Better to buy the original / major item from them, avoid any offer for any accessories at all cost. And check the warranty / box of the item, intended to buy. Some sub standard items are sold in premium price there! For my case, I tried to get a D700 there, asked whether is it a local (MY) set, was confirmed by the salesperson. However, when I checked the warranty card and the box, it's stated it is a HK set. Well, if I was told is "grey" set, I can still understand that but they are selling the "grey set" with local price? :nono: Maybe some shops tries to get quick bucks as D700 is having shortage now. Also, I note that (as I was offered for) a lcd protector offered by them is not as good as selling in SG but the price is much higher.
Please note that, I do not think they will entertain any exchange once items were sold maybe due to their breach of their promises.

2) One of the salesmen I met, kind of rude and gave baseless comments. In fact, it 's not one, but two. Some of their salesperson are unprofessional and do not know anything about cameras/ lenses. They get impatient shortly after I enquired some of the stuffs and looks unreluctant to serve. E.g.: Salesperson A: "If you don't believe the price I quoted is the cheapest, you may take this paper and go asking around, if there is lower, I will knock down by a car!" Salesperson B: "This is confirm an authentical local set, you young people always so suspicious!"

3) Becareful that the set they selling is display set. It might not necessary the display set that we always encounter in most of the shops. It's that let say they have a A set. It depends on how many consumers tried the set before the A set is sold. If it's lucky only 2-3 customers have tried the camera and shutter count sure is not "0". According to them is normal. It's totally different from the "display set" concept. However, if they do not want to bear the cost for display set, I think at certain point, they will pack the display set back and sell it as a brand new set.

These are my encounter for some of the potential buyers in JB. So be careful if buyers would like to take their own risks.

Do you mind naming the shops so that we can be extra careful?

Hi guys just want to ask is there any tax refund when you buy in jb ? And when you enter singapore is there any tax?
U only have the 7% gst waiting for u at sg custom...

Bot my set at mee too in angsana today. Service quite good and can pay in sgd.

how much is mee too selling?

turtle76 said:
U only have the 7% gst waiting for u at sg custom...

What do you mean sir i have to pay 7% before going in to singapore

uragon82 said:
What do you mean sir i have to pay 7% before going in to singapore

Any purchase which is $400 or more when converted is liable for 7% gst when you bring it back to sg

spree86 said:
Any purchase which is $400 or more when converted is liable for 7% gst when you bring it back to sg

What's the fuss about this??

It's just a cam only right? Just take out the cam, hang on your neck, fold up the boxes. Who can tell it's new or not???

donut88 said:

It's just a cam only right? Just take out the cam, hang on your neck, fold up the boxes. Who can tell it's new or not???

I'm just answering his question, didn't say its a fuss or anything, what's your problem?

Bot my set at mee too in angsana today. Service quite good and can pay in sgd.

How much did you pay for it?
Did you try berlian foto?

donut88 said:

Do not assume

Is the warranty on KL only?

uragon82 said:
Is the warranty on KL only?

Depends on your set. If its a Malaysian set it will be Malaysia warranty but the service center is in KL

What if you buy in jb the warranty still in ll

What if you buy in jb is the warranty still in kl

uragon82 said:
What if you buy in jb is the warranty still in kl

It's either you go to KL for servicing or ask the shop you bought from to send for you.

Thank you for the info but the thing is . It is troublesome on buying there because you have to go again to jb to collest your cam