Recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. If you are going to use this camera for a long time (ith satisfying performance) .. like wat silver.wolf suggested, Go for S45 or S50.

If you just want to try out first and upgrade later, a 3.2 MegaPixel with 3x or 4x zoom is good enough. Then can go for Nikon Coolpix 3100 (RTP @599 or Coolpix 4300 RTP @ 799 - guess can be cheaper if you get from Sim Lim)

3100 comes with 3.0 MegaPixel and 4300 comes with 4.3MegaPixel. The only disadvantage is that both can't record Video with Sound. However, they cpature good pictures ! ;)

If not you can also try Olympus C730UZ. Heard not bad also !

Do test them out at the shops.

GOOD LUCK! :cool:

Originally posted by freshie
hmm...such as? suggestions? same brand still or wat? canon?

hmm..ok ok..thnkz for all your help ah...and also for translation on the short terms stuff hehe...

will go try out at the shops then see how... of cos, outlook wise Canon ixus range will be a better choice hehe..

thnkiez...

seriously up to date, i dunno which is best for me leh..even though i'm not into photography but first digi cam investment, must at least get a lasting one loh..won't keep changing liaoz...now really headache...WHICH is best haha..

Okie, to help you narrow down your search ...

if you are going for the most compact yet stylish and trendy with good metallic body despite the price, then choose ixus400

if you don't mind having a bigger body than ixus400 and have something more powerful, more quality, yet around the same price range or probably higher abit, then choose S45

if you want future-proof and got spare bucks to spare, not constraint by financial budget, then choose S50

hmmm ... does this help?? :p

seriously up to date, i dunno which is best for me leh..even though i'm not into photography but first digi cam investment, must at least get a lasting one loh..won't keep changing liaoz...now really headache...WHICH is best haha..

budget sure constraint one..haiz...less than 800 loh..

S45 priced abt the same as ixus400?? hmm...think at least 100more huh?

Originally posted by silver.wolf
Okie, to help you narrow down your search ...

if you are going for the most compact yet stylish and trendy with good metallic body despite the price, then choose ixus400

if you don't mind having a bigger body than ixus400 and have something more powerful, more quality, yet around the same price range or probably higher abit, then choose S45

if you want future-proof and got spare bucks to spare, not constraint by financial budget, then choose S50

hmmm ... does this help?? :p

S45 around $850+ i think .... forgot liao
yeah, $100 more

budget sure constraint one..haiz...less than 800 loh..

S45 priced abt the same as ixus400?? hmm...think at least 100more huh?

okiez...hey thnkz for all yr help..really xie xie ni~~ appreciate it very much...

:D

*enact from SARS commercial*

all these advices are not FOC ... the treat is yours! :p

okiez...hey thnkz for all yr help..really xie xie ni~~ appreciate it very much...

hahhaa...yeah..no problem...wait till i get my cam first ya... ;)

*enact from SARS commercial*

all these advices are not FOC ... the treat is yours! :p

ermmm ... wait till you get your cam first?? by then you will be broke! hahaha .... no hope liao ....

hahhaa...yeah..no problem...wait till i get my cam first ya... ;)

hahaha.....wah..must be coming from experience hehehe...

i try get the lowest price for the cam..then see got any left anot.. burger also counted hor ;)

ermmm ... wait till you get your cam first?? by then you will be broke! hahaha .... no hope liao ....

in dat case, i suggest you get a cheapo cam ...
then you got alot of money to treat me!

LOL

hahaha.....wah..must be coming from experience hehehe...

i try get the lowest price for the cam..then see got any left anot.. burger also counted hor ;)

wei.. like tat not very ethical hor haha.. joking.. ;)

hoping to source for a better pricing..any lobangs, pls pls let me know.. :D

in dat case, i suggest you get a cheapo cam ...
then you got alot of money to treat me!

LOL

the best price will be getting second-hand cam

if not, scout the three shops i mentioned to you ... they offered the most competitive prices in town

otherwise, grab a few buyers together and make a bulk purchase, asking for more discounts or freebies

wei.. like tat not very ethical hor haha.. joking.. ;)

hoping to source for a better pricing..any lobangs, pls pls let me know.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.