Recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by freshie
hmm...good..then prob will push the price for S40 down? :D \
but will prob consider the powershot like what u said.. xie xie~

The S45 is a better buy than S40 due to the DiGiC processor inside. It's basically a imaging processor that enhance the quality of the image in auto modes and it is said to prolong battery life too.

Quite a good camera. I have used my friend's S45 and found the camera to be quite intelligent in auto modes and begineer-friendly.

okay .... If that's so. The stated specs (5cm) is still not enough .. we tried to use the closest ... about 5-6cm already .. supplied enough lighting ... but ... er... Some advice please ??

hey..thnkx to u all for the replies...

BUT frankly i dun really catch most of the stuff hehe..am an idiot when comes to photography ;p

i received a few quotes from photoshops on Ixus 400..ranging from 740 - 750...but some comes wif a choice of buying extra memory (256) at abt 90..

u guys think reasonable?

anyone can recommend any shop for me to get the cam from? prob might need advice from the sales stuff there...and of cos not those 'kah cai taos' shops ;p ... hehe.. thnkx in adv..

for freshie's benefit since she's new ....

MO means Mass Order. People gather together as a group and make purchase. Usually the price will be lower than the market.

CF means Compact Flash. It's the type of storage media (memory) for the digicam.

Cheers!

hehe...u really help me lots in this..thnkx...

was lookin at the post and going :dunno:

Oh ya, another thing to ask..roughly how much memory i'll be needing if i'm juz an average user...dun take pics daily type...juz on occasions...

Originally posted by silver.wolf
for freshie's benefit since she's new ....

MO means Mass Order. People gather together as a group and make purchase. Usually the price will be lower than the market.

CF means Compact Flash. It's the type of storage media (memory) for the digicam.

Cheers!

Usually people would recommend these 3 shops.

MS Color - AMK Central. Besides S11 food centre.
Alan Photo - Sim Lim ground floor.
Cathay Photo - Penisula Plaza.

Try getting e-quotes from them first before going down. And preferably check out the market rate so that you know when to bargain.

anyone can recommend any shop for me to get the cam from? prob might need advice from the sales stuff there...and of cos not those 'kah cai taos' shops ;p ... hehe.. thnkx in adv..

Go for the SEED sessions :D Most of the CS members would be carrying "big guns" dun think anyone would dare to kah cai tao! ;)

hmm..pardon me.. SEED? :dunno:

Originally posted by filofari
Go for the SEED sessions :D Most of the CS members would be carrying "big guns" dun think anyone would dare to kah cai tao! ;)

Ya..but really dunno what's the market rate now..have already gotten their e-quotes...the range i posted earlier.. market rates then?

Originally posted by silver.wolf
And preferably check out the market rate so that you know when to bargain. [/B]

ooh...understooded...thnkx thnkx..guess u all must be vomitting blood now hehe..trying my best to catch on thou :embrass:

Then try to bargain at least the lowest price you find or even lower which is better still. Market rates are quite competitive and so they are usually plus minus $20.

Oh yeah, super stores' prices are usually marked up way high. So it's abit inaccurate to check out the prices in those places.

Ya..but really dunno what's the market rate now..have already gotten their e-quotes...the range i posted earlier.. market rates then?

anyone here using Ixus 400 then? saw from another thread that Ixus 300 uses up batt real fast... the same for 400?

comments?

yes, it does .... cos the batt are built slim to have a slim camera design .... so the batt isn't built to last ....

so the wise choice is to purchase a backup batt ....

anyone here using Ixus 400 then? saw from another thread that Ixus 300 uses up batt real fast... the same for 400?

comments?

ewww...sighz..guess got pros and cons huh..

another bo liao ques, dunno see from somewhere saying the bad part abt ixus 400, that the lens is not protected? what this means?

Hey, I would still suggest that you buy another model with same specs. at a much lower price and longer battery life ... However, an extra battery is always useful ! I believe you will grow to love digital camera once you start using it !! :cool:

Anyway, you can get from Sim Lim Square ... Allan Photo or Cathay Photo shops ... You may get a better price !

hmm...such as? suggestions? same brand still or wat? canon?

Originally posted by cwongsm
Hey, I would still suggest that you buy another model with same specs. at a much lower price and longer battery life ...

for good investment, go for S45

for better investment go for S50

hee ...

don't ask me what's the best investment ... cos we simply can't afford it :p

hmm...such as? suggestions? same brand still or wat? canon?

Status
Not open for further replies.