recommendations for PC monitor

Is the difference between e-IPS and H-IPS that significant? I understand that it's 6 bits vs 8 bits... but would it be noticeable when doing image processing?

Is the difference between e-IPS and H-IPS that significant? I understand that it's 6 bits vs 8 bits... but would it be noticeable when doing image processing?

Yup! Image uniformity is affected.

just saw some reviews on the Dell U2410 and U2711. seems like dell was given a bad review for both.

how about the Asus PA246Q

55_INCH_FULL_HD_LCD_TV.jpg

k i dont think anyone has suggested to u something of this magnitude yet

guaranteed to hv all the hdmi vga component and analogue inputs

well said! the larger the better! :D

but seriously i got a desktop hooked up to my living room tv which is great for HD video and gaming

want the best just go for Eizo.

wow. for gaming eh. how does it compare to this one:

NEC PA271W Review

will be using it for gaming, movies and editing :p

Ooooh. IPS is not too good for gaming as there's a slight delay. But they're the best for editing.

I have a BenQ 23" LCD monitor - it's only a TN panel, but has good color accuracy and is good for gaming too.

Ooooh. IPS is not too good for gaming as there's a slight delay. But they're the best for editing.

I have a BenQ 23" LCD monitor - it's only a TN panel, but has good color accuracy and is good for gaming too.

lol so what would be the best of both worlds?

lol so what would be the best of both worlds?

If you do more gaming - get a TN panel like the BenQ monitors. If you prefer photo editing - get the Dell.

If you want both - get an NEC CRT.

If you do more gaming - get a TN panel like the BenQ monitors. If you prefer photo editing - get the Dell.

If you want both - get an NEC CRT.

LOL. guess i gotta make a trip down to Sim Lim this weekend to see what's on offer then! crap. need to squeeze out some time..