Recommendations for DSLR

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're only comparing the 40D, A350 and D80 then it's still apples to oranges, as the 40D is in the "semi-pro" class while the others are more entry-level.

haha ok.. i'm hitting stone myself.
i'll check them out first again and seek for some ans here again.

thanks

The Samsung GX 20 and the Pentax K20D are essentially the same camera. So the specs are identical.

To really know which is the cam that best suits you, go to the shops to try them out. Hold them in your hands and feel. Then decide which one is your fav.

You are right. Exactly why checking thse brands are very necessary. GX-10 is similar to K10D...the GX-20 is similar to K20D...and the GX series is cheaper (but some significant amount) than the K-series. And the review for GX-20 are really very good.

went to take a look at both 400D and 40D at MS Color today and this will sound stupid but im stuck between this two... because of my budget (2000 - 2500). haha..

with the amount i can get 40D with the kit lens, i can get 400D with kit 2 and another 75 - 200mm lens.

anyone can give me some advise on my stupid problem? haha

thanks

All I can say is this: You have 2.5Gs to blow and thats a problem?!! I would love such issues in my life!! ;)

oh ye.. looking at e price of 40D. body was at RP of 1799 as official from Canon. Didnt check out the market street price.
anyway.. is the kit lense good, or better to get e body and a lense separately?

2.5 woah.. i need to save first.. cant wait for pc show in June, wanna test out e cams
am newbie, but i guess instead of getting an entry cam now, might as well invest a good now

I'm more towards portrait, landscape, wanna make blur shots (aperture).
Wideangle is optional but guess I will wan next time in future.
In term of zoom, not yet as I do not think I'm carrying out a tripod often. Handheld skill first.

went to take a look at both 400D and 40D at MS Color today and this will sound stupid but im stuck between this two... because of my budget (2000 - 2500). haha..

with the amount i can get 40D with the kit lens, i can get 400D with kit 2 and another 75 - 200mm lens.

anyone can give me some advise on my stupid problem? haha

thanks

current street price for 40D with 18-55 IS is below $1.8K, I got mine for $1730 last month but that was equote from MS Color. add 55-250 IS lens will add up to ~$2150, well within your budget. you might even squeeze a 430EX flash in there.

17-85 IS isn't a great value consider its ~$800 price tag and so so optical quality.

hi guys,

i just joined the forum but i haven't gotten myself a DSLR yet. been playing around with my compact camera for a few years but recently, it hasn't been satisfying me. haha. so i thought i would come here to get some advice on getting a DSLR :)

what kind/brand of camera and lens would be good for sports photography? sports like soccer, basketball or ultimate frisbee.
D300 or E-3. Seriously, it all depends on how much money you want to spend. Actually, all DSLRs are good if you are not a pro, and most depends on the photographer as alway. Regardless of which brand, good lenses are more important according to me. People have been taking sports photographs ever since photography got invented, even without motor drive. It did not start with DSLR.

What is also important is to try to figure out what you want to do with the system later. If you want a system which you plan to keep parts of it for a long time, then you must look at upward compatibility as well, so the day you plan to upgrade the body you can still use the best part of your system. To change everything from scratch is very expensive.

another thing that i heard from my friends is that it's better to get the same brand of camera as most of your friends so that you can change your lenses with each other. what's your take on that?
I don't know about your friends, but I don't have friends who would lend me expensive glasses or who could borrow mine. It is one thing during a get together to mix and test different people's lenses, but I have the lenses I need, so I am not very keen on lending them to anybody. I guess most people think that way. It is a risky business, if you borrow a lens and you drop it that friendship is really at stake, even if you'd be prepared to pay cash on spot, some lenses do have some delivery time.

No, that is definitely a bad excuse. Actually, IMO the more different brand is within a group the better. It opens up some minds to show that everything is NOT revolving around one brand. Of course, only those with an open mind who can be opened more. The narrow minded will just start a stupid brand war.

Status
Not open for further replies.