Recommend camera for DreamCar shooting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry Potter

Jun 30, 2005
Hogwarts
Hi experts,

I would like to buy a camera to shoot the cars (and of course gals) at the DreamCar, thinking of getting a camera tomorrow.

Not really have a budget. Just that the camera should be easy for a newbie like me and not too heavy to carry around when I go out.

Thanks!!!

wow! buying a camera just for shooting cars and gals!!! what you mentioned is a bit too general though.

Not shooting cars and gals only lah. Just that since I am going to buy a camera anyway, I will use it to shoot cars and gals on this Saturday mah.

What I need is a camera that is easy to carry around and easy to use. Not those big big SLR.

Harry Potter said:
You using it? So if I bought, I can shoot as good as your portfolio?

I am not using it .... :embrass:

But is a good budget cam .. :thumbsup:

How to shoot this one?

Bugis050604321-resize.jpg

:bigeyes:

Aiyo...it's not a camera that makes a photograph good, or a photographer good for that matter.

It's lots of practice, practice and more practice...of course, having a good eye for details and composition helps...

If getting a D70s kit will get anyone to the likes of (put nick of CSer with good pictures here), then I think I will get one too...

Eh, anyway, since you are not looking for a big DSLR, try those prosumer P&S like Canon S2 IS or anything similar...

Go for Olympus E300 kits.

Ideally for unofficial event & travel use.

markII ;)

Aiyah u Harry Potter rite...use your wand conjure out some camera can liao...or better still use your wand to cast some spell to make it capture images... :bsmilie:

Ok just kidding hahaa...

There are many makes of cameras out there, so you have to be a bit more specific in your question, e.g what is your budget, brand, no. of megapixels, size, features etc.

Harry Potter said:
How to shoot this one?

:bigeyes:

I'm with Ah Pao, DSLRs are not magic cams, one needs to have lots of practice.

jeffhiew said:
I'm with Ah Pao, DSLRs are not magic cams, one needs to have lots of practice.

yES!! precisely... no point moving into DSLRs without knowing the basics of light, and photography.

Harry Potter said:
You using it? So if I bought, I can shoot as good as your portfolio?
The general misconception (which I had too) that DSLRs = Professional camera = God-mode on = instant perfect pictures.

Sad to say, if u have zero (or little) fundamentals, u will have problems getting nice pictures EVEN AT FULL AUTO MODE.

Start from a prosumer if you are seriously interested in photography. The Panasonic FZ5, FZ20, Canon S2 IS, G6, Pro1 and Ixus-series are all pretty good cameras for learning.

And dun bang ur head if ur pictures turn out crap. I went DCA 2004 3 times last year. Shot with a DSLR, 90% of the entire 3 days all came out crap.

In any case u are wondering... I shot those with [P]rofessional Mode (ie, slightly more advanced automatic mode).

Harry Potter said:
Hi experts,

I would like to buy a camera to shoot the cars (and of course gals) at the DreamCar, thinking of getting a camera tomorrow.

Not really have a budget. Just that the camera should be easy for a newbie like me and not too heavy to carry around when I go out.

Thanks!!!
get this!
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/p25-firstlook.shtml
;)

jsbn said:
The general misconception (which I had too) that DSLRs = Professional camera = God-mode on = instant perfect pictures.

Sad to say, if u have zero (or little) fundamentals, u will have problems getting nice pictures EVEN AT FULL AUTO MODE.

Start from a prosumer if you are seriously interested in photography. The Panasonic FZ5, FZ20, Canon S2 IS, G6, Pro1 and Ixus-series are all pretty good cameras for learning.

And dun bang ur head if ur pictures turn out crap. I went DCA 2004 3 times last year. Shot with a DSLR, 90% of the entire 3 days all came out crap.

In any case u are wondering... I shot those with Program Mode (ie, slightly more advanced automatic mode).

I think u meant the [P]rofessional Mode... ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.