Recommend a waist camera bag?


Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitz

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
517
0
0
42
Singapore
www.blitzstorm.com
Hi all,

Need to buy a camera bag which is something like a waist pouch. However I still need to put my normal stuffs in so must be sufficient enuff :D

My camera is Oly C2040Z. Cos after putting the lens adaptor and UV filter, can't use the original Oly bag liao :( Was thinking of the Lowepro series, any to recommend?

To YSLee if u're reading this: John 3:16 sell bags quite cheap is it?

And to Kevin: I'm looking for a bag something like my waist pouch you saw last time :D

Thanks!
 

Wai

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
5,270
0
36
41
South Pole with Penguin
singastro.org
u mean the one that i am using??



it is D-res Beltpack AW (water resistant with the raincoat)

bought at CP....abt $40
 

Blitz

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
517
0
0
42
Singapore
www.blitzstorm.com
Hey that one looks cool Kamwai...

If you put in the camera, how much space u still roughly have?

Can I have the measurements for it if u dun mind? Thanks!
 

YSLee

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
2,326
1
38
Visit site
http://www.lowepro.com <--- stats are here.

John 3:16 will sell Lowepro stuff slightly cheaper than Cathay, but they don't keep stock, so you'll have to order and wait for a few days for the item to arrive.
 

Flare

New Member
Jan 24, 2002
1,734
0
0
38
Bukit Batok West Avenue 2
public.fotki.com
Sigh... WHy everyone use waist pouch? So sad... Me so skinny that all the pouch thouse ang-moh (no offense) make are too huge for my 28 inch waist.
 

Blitz

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
517
0
0
42
Singapore
www.blitzstorm.com
Originally posted by Flare
Sigh... WHy everyone use waist pouch? So sad... Me so skinny that all the pouch thouse ang-moh (no offense) make are too huge for my 28 inch waist.
Hee....not tat bad right Flare... sure got some waist pouch that suits u? :)

Or maybe gaining more weight could be easier hee.....
 

Wai

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
5,270
0
36
41
South Pole with Penguin
singastro.org
Originally posted by Flare
Sigh... WHy everyone use waist pouch? So sad... Me so skinny that all the pouch thouse ang-moh (no offense) make are too huge for my 28 inch waist.
that;s true...but it is better than a sling bag IMO.

anyway, i bought mine at $40+ from CP

do let me know how much John3:16 offers

Inner dimensions
9W x 5D x 6H (23 x 12.5 x 15 cm)
Exterior dimensions
11.25W x 6.5D x 6.5H in. (28.5 x 16.5 x 16.5 cm)
Weight
1 lb 1 oz (482 g)
Materials
Water-resistant 420D Nailhead™ and 1200D ballistic TXP™


It is enough for me to put in my 707 with Lens hood on, also my wallet and handpone, with air pump, brush...clothes....plenty of space actually. I also bought a water bottle pouch that can be added to the belt at $6.5

also, there are two hood one each side, u can attach a sling and turn it into sling bag if u want
 

Blitz

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
517
0
0
42
Singapore
www.blitzstorm.com
Seems like my ideal bag..... can put it so many things like Doraemon :D

Thanks kamwai, I will drop by John 3:16 tomorrow then, and let u know of the price!

Originally posted by kamwai


that;s true...but it is better than a sling bag IMO.

anyway, i bought mine at $40+ from CP

do let me know how much John3:16 offers

Inner dimensions
9W x 5D x 6H (23 x 12.5 x 15 cm)
Exterior dimensions
11.25W x 6.5D x 6.5H in. (28.5 x 16.5 x 16.5 cm)
Weight
1 lb 1 oz (482 g)
Materials
Water-resistant 420D Nailhead™ and 1200D ballistic TXP™


It is enough for me to put in my 707 with Lens hood on, also my wallet and handpone, with air pump, brush...clothes....plenty of space actually. I also bought a water bottle pouch that can be added to the belt at $6.5

also, there are too hood one each side, u can attach a sling and turn it into sling bag if u want
 

Wai

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
5,270
0
36
41
South Pole with Penguin
singastro.org
Originally posted by Blitz
Seems like my ideal bag..... can put it so many things like Doraemon :D

Thanks kamwai, I will drop by John 3:16 tomorrow then, and let u know of the price!

tomolo? i dunno if they open or not....

anyway, how abt the rest of the shops...are they open yet?
 

Blitz

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
517
0
0
42
Singapore
www.blitzstorm.com
Originally posted by kamwai


tomolo? i dunno if they open or not....

anyway, how abt the rest of the shops...are they open yet?
yeah hor, I forgot now still Chinese New Year session....maybe I just drop a call b4 going down.

Thanks for the reminder... :)
 

Wai

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
5,270
0
36
41
South Pole with Penguin
singastro.org
Originally posted by Blitz


yeah hor, I forgot now still Chinese New Year session....maybe I just drop a call b4 going down.

Thanks for the reminder... :)
btw, who was the one who called me on 14 Feb and ask me if CP opens or not?

i also want to know if CP open already...
 

Mystix

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
747
0
16
40
Planet Earth
Visit site
i think normal waist pouch can liao....the only diff btw those camera bags and normal one is the cushion. i think b careful can liao
 

rochkoh

New Member
Feb 8, 2002
533
0
0
Under your skin
Visit site
Bought meself the Photo Runner from Lowepro.

http://www.lowepro.com/pages/bySeries/trekblt.htm#

Good decent product. Waist pouch-type camera bag. Cool black color.

Paid $52 for it at Cathay. Scouted at John 3:16 first but was quoted $65. *yikes* - so much for selling it cheaper.


All shops at Peninsular are open. Was there earlier this evening.
 

Wai

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
5,270
0
36
41
South Pole with Penguin
singastro.org
Originally posted by rochkoh
Bought meself the Photo Runner from Lowepro.

http://www.lowepro.com/pages/bySeries/trekblt.htm#

Good decent product. Waist pouch-type camera bag. Cool black color.

Paid $52 for it at Cathay. Scouted at John 3:16 first but was quoted $65. *yikes* - so much for selling it cheaper.


All shops at Peninsular are open. Was there earlier this evening.
yours is a bit bigger, and easy to open too.

Yours have the raincoat or not??

i will prefer D-Res series for digital camera, cos the material used is special, it will not scratch the LCD on your DC.

also, the cushion is EXTRA thick, i will not worry to swing my bag around with the camera inside, i even use it as a pillow too.
 

rochkoh

New Member
Feb 8, 2002
533
0
0
Under your skin
Visit site
Originally posted by kamwai


yours is a bit bigger, and easy to open too.

Yours have the raincoat or not??

i will prefer D-Res series for digital camera, cos the material used is special, it will not scratch the LCD on your DC.

also, the cushion is EXTRA thick, i will not worry to swing my bag around with the camera inside, i even use it as a pillow too.
Nope, no raincoat. Are raincoats common for such packs?

I'm using a Nikon SLR and need the space for my lenses, film & cleaning kit so i need a slightly larger waist pouch.

The D-Res series is specifically designed for Digi Cams, so i guess it'll be catered to their needs. (Which answers Blitz's question). Need mine cause i trek alot and need easy access to my camera - just in case i see a squirrel and a snake locked in battle! :eek:

Guess it really depends on your needs.

enjoy!
rOCh
 

YSLee

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
2,326
1
38
Visit site
Any Lowepro with the AW designation will have such a raincoat.
 

StreetShooter

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
4,634
0
0
Katong
streetshooter.clubsnap.org
I got my Lowepro Orion Mini from AP for $20.

Packs in my D30 with Sigma 20mm f1.8 OR Canon 28-135 IS USM, the Canon 50mm 1.8 and a spare battery. Well padded, sits well on my bum, great for walking around and street shooting. Loads from the top.

 

Kevin

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
897
0
0
North West
Visit site
Originally posted by StreetShooter
I got my Lowepro Orion Mini from AP for $20.

Packs in my D30 with Sigma 20mm f1.8 OR Canon 28-135 IS USM, the Canon 50mm 1.8 and a spare battery. Well padded, sits well on my bum, great for walking around and street shooting. Loads from the top.

That is the size I want. Blitz, you wanna buy my brand new Lowepro Digi Res AW Beltpack for $33 so I can get the Orion Mini?;)
 

Wai

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
5,270
0
36
41
South Pole with Penguin
singastro.org
Originally posted by Kevin
That is the size I want. Blitz, you wanna buy my brand new Lowepro Digi Res AW Beltpack for $33 so I can get the Orion Mini?;)
hmm....1.5" smaller than the D-res

but this one is not water resistant leh...no raincoat

and the material used is not good for your DC
 

Status
Not open for further replies.