Recommend a waist camera bag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitz

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
www.blitzstorm.com
Hi all,

Need to buy a camera bag which is something like a waist pouch. However I still need to put my normal stuffs in so must be sufficient enuff :D

My camera is Oly C2040Z. Cos after putting the lens adaptor and UV filter, can't use the original Oly bag liao :( Was thinking of the Lowepro series, any to recommend?

To YSLee if u're reading this: John 3:16 sell bags quite cheap is it?

And to Kevin: I'm looking for a bag something like my waist pouch you saw last time :D

Thanks!

u mean the one that i am using??

D-ResBeltpack.jpg

it is D-res Beltpack AW (water resistant with the raincoat)

bought at CP....abt $40

Hey that one looks cool Kamwai...

If you put in the camera, how much space u still roughly have?

Can I have the measurements for it if u dun mind? Thanks!

http://www.lowepro.com <--- stats are here.

John 3:16 will sell Lowepro stuff slightly cheaper than Cathay, but they don't keep stock, so you'll have to order and wait for a few days for the item to arrive.

Sigh... WHy everyone use waist pouch? So sad... Me so skinny that all the pouch thouse ang-moh (no offense) make are too huge for my 28 inch waist.

Originally posted by Flare
Sigh... WHy everyone use waist pouch? So sad... Me so skinny that all the pouch thouse ang-moh (no offense) make are too huge for my 28 inch waist.

Hee....not tat bad right Flare... sure got some waist pouch that suits u? :)

Or maybe gaining more weight could be easier hee.....

Originally posted by Flare

that;s true...but it is better than a sling bag IMO.

anyway, i bought mine at $40+ from CP

do let me know how much John3:16 offers

Inner dimensions
9W x 5D x 6H (23 x 12.5 x 15 cm)
Exterior dimensions
11.25W x 6.5D x 6.5H in. (28.5 x 16.5 x 16.5 cm)
Weight
1 lb 1 oz (482 g)
Materials
Water-resistant 420D Nailhead™ and 1200D ballistic TXP™

It is enough for me to put in my 707 with Lens hood on, also my wallet and handpone, with air pump, brush...clothes....plenty of space actually. I also bought a water bottle pouch that can be added to the belt at $6.5

also, there are two hood one each side, u can attach a sling and turn it into sling bag if u want

Seems like my ideal bag..... can put it so many things like Doraemon :D

Thanks kamwai, I will drop by John 3:16 tomorrow then, and let u know of the price!

Originally posted by kamwai

that;s true...but it is better than a sling bag IMO.

anyway, i bought mine at $40+ from CP

do let me know how much John3:16 offers

Inner dimensions
9W x 5D x 6H (23 x 12.5 x 15 cm)
Exterior dimensions
11.25W x 6.5D x 6.5H in. (28.5 x 16.5 x 16.5 cm)
Weight
1 lb 1 oz (482 g)
Materials
Water-resistant 420D Nailhead™ and 1200D ballistic TXP™

It is enough for me to put in my 707 with Lens hood on, also my wallet and handpone, with air pump, brush...clothes....plenty of space actually. I also bought a water bottle pouch that can be added to the belt at $6.5

also, there are too hood one each side, u can attach a sling and turn it into sling bag if u want

Originally posted by Blitz
Seems like my ideal bag..... can put it so many things like Doraemon :D

Thanks kamwai, I will drop by John 3:16 tomorrow then, and let u know of the price!

tomolo? i dunno if they open or not....

anyway, how abt the rest of the shops...are they open yet?

tomolo? i dunno if they open or not....

anyway, how abt the rest of the shops...are they open yet?

yeah hor, I forgot now still Chinese New Year session....maybe I just drop a call b4 going down.

Thanks for the reminder... :)

Originally posted by Blitz

yeah hor, I forgot now still Chinese New Year session....maybe I just drop a call b4 going down.

Thanks for the reminder... :)

btw, who was the one who called me on 14 Feb and ask me if CP opens or not?

i also want to know if CP open already...

i think normal waist pouch can liao....the only diff btw those camera bags and normal one is the cushion. i think b careful can liao

Bought meself the Photo Runner from Lowepro.

http://www.lowepro.com/pages/bySeries/trekblt.htm#

Good decent product. Waist pouch-type camera bag. Cool black color.

Paid $52 for it at Cathay. Scouted at John 3:16 first but was quoted $65. *yikes* - so much for selling it cheaper.

All shops at Peninsular are open. Was there earlier this evening.

Originally posted by rochkoh
Bought meself the Photo Runner from Lowepro.

http://www.lowepro.com/pages/bySeries/trekblt.htm#

Good decent product. Waist pouch-type camera bag. Cool black color.

Paid $52 for it at Cathay. Scouted at John 3:16 first but was quoted $65. *yikes* - so much for selling it cheaper.

All shops at Peninsular are open. Was there earlier this evening.

yours is a bit bigger, and easy to open too.

Yours have the raincoat or not??

i will prefer D-Res series for digital camera, cos the material used is special, it will not scratch the LCD on your DC.

also, the cushion is EXTRA thick, i will not worry to swing my bag around with the camera inside, i even use it as a pillow too.

yours is a bit bigger, and easy to open too.

Yours have the raincoat or not??

i will prefer D-Res series for digital camera, cos the material used is special, it will not scratch the LCD on your DC.

also, the cushion is EXTRA thick, i will not worry to swing my bag around with the camera inside, i even use it as a pillow too.

Nope, no raincoat. Are raincoats common for such packs?

I'm using a Nikon SLR and need the space for my lenses, film & cleaning kit so i need a slightly larger waist pouch.

The D-Res series is specifically designed for Digi Cams, so i guess it'll be catered to their needs. (Which answers Blitz's question). Need mine cause i trek alot and need easy access to my camera - just in case i see a squirrel and a snake locked in battle! :eek:

Guess it really depends on your needs.

enjoy!
rOCh

Any Lowepro with the AW designation will have such a raincoat.

I got my Lowepro Orion Mini from AP for $20.

Packs in my D30 with Sigma 20mm f1.8 OR Canon 28-135 IS USM, the Canon 50mm 1.8 and a spare battery. Well padded, sits well on my bum, great for walking around and street shooting. Loads from the top.

ORmini.gif

Originally posted by StreetShooter
I got my Lowepro Orion Mini from AP for $20.

Packs in my D30 with Sigma 20mm f1.8 OR Canon 28-135 IS USM, the Canon 50mm 1.8 and a spare battery. Well padded, sits well on my bum, great for walking around and street shooting. Loads from the top.

ORmini.gif
That is the size I want. Blitz, you wanna buy my brand new Lowepro Digi Res AW Beltpack for $33 so I can get the Orion Mini?;)

Originally posted by Kevin
That is the size I want. Blitz, you wanna buy my brand new Lowepro Digi Res AW Beltpack for $33 so I can get the Orion Mini?;)

hmm....1.5" smaller than the D-res

but this one is not water resistant leh...no raincoat

and the material used is not good for your DC

Status
Not open for further replies.