Rebecca & Serene (dance shoot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely! A breakthrough from the usual dance pics in this forum.

They are not bad at all.

Yes, they took advantage of locations, as compared to studio dance shots. But a BREAKTHROUGH?

Did you use breakthrough meaning that the pictures are different, or the pictures stunning?

i enjoy your set, sprintist. must be hard to get it right. i love no. 5.

*i edited this coz i realised i put the wrong number for my fav photo, shld be 5, not 4.

Last edited:
Rebecca has potential to look good in pictures, gotta find her some poses to hide her bow-legged bone structure.

Personally I feel that all the shots, while good ideas, good lighting, aren't shot in the dancer's peak moment. Esp no. 1, the front foot bent isn't nice.

Overall, I say I like no 5., everything is well covered and the lighting idea is nice :)

Wow!it's a wow!
Very well done series, I'm In luv with the move, superb! Angle Is good! Simply feel the movement! Great job :)

I want to dance too!

1, 3, 9 are my faves! well-captured! :)

thanks alot pling, appreciated!

absolute stunning shots... well done dancers and photographer... love em..

-dan-

i've still got more room for improvement to do before it can be considered well done, thanks!

6th is my fav. =)

noted and thanks!

I'll go for 5 & 6.

thanks cabbyshe for dropping by!

This is certainly a very fresh kinda organised photoshoots for a long while. The usual
model thing is really very boring.The photog had managed very well to capture the
moment and the natural lighting was superb.Bravo to you the image maker !

I have to agree with you fully, first time joining a paidshoot actually. Otherwise you will never see me in any other paidshoot haha

My role was only half the effort, the other was the dancers and backstage coordination from mpguitars, glad you enjoyed the pics thanks!

:thumbsup:Beautiful series. Love it :lovegrin:

Thankyou! the success rate was pretty low though!

The series has a different kind of Portraits pics. I like those 5th pic and onward.:thumbsup:

thanks, look like #5 is quite popular haha

Wow beauifully captured! Credits should also go out to the photographer (Sprintist) skill's in the framing and motion :), and sharing with us! haha

I won't take all the credits, like mentioned, it wasn't only me putting in effort leh haha thanks!

#6 for me.
thanks for sharing

noted, thanks!

solid :thumbsup:

thanks billy for your thumbs up !

Lovely photos you have there! Great angle and moments. I love #3 & #6.

I didn't manage to take wide angle shots at the stairway... Only have majority warm-up shots. :embrass:

thanks for sharing! hopefully others can share too. I don't think I have the best moments yet, these are at least the best i had gotten though. I agree the stairway was challenging, i didn't want to shoot at too high ISO so it was tricky to balance the shutter speed. Apologies if I blocked any of you once again!

不愧是 awalk winner :thumbsup:

eh :nono: hahaha thanks!

Nice pics, thanks for sharing!

my pleasure, thanks!

Incredible nice shots :D

wah incredible ah? too flatter already

Splendidly captured! Like the contemporary mood. The curves are beautiful especially in #1.

i like the mood too, rebecca is really a great dancer

I like number 6 best. Nice pictures.

thanks and noted!

Lovely! A breakthrough from the usual dance pics in this forum.

i hope they are, just that perhaps you don't see a different genre posted normally by the silent pros heh

They are not bad at all.

Yes, they took advantage of locations, as compared to studio dance shots. But a BREAKTHROUGH?

Did you use breakthrough meaning that the pictures are different, or the pictures stunning?

maybe breakthrough for the former? i still looking for a breakthrough in my shooting!

i enjoy your set, sprintist. must be hard to get it right. i love no. 4.

thanks for your support, in fact almost all were hard to get it right and they aren't perfect yet as i think i did not capture all the right peak moments

I like this series..

It has a spontaneity thats not really seen in model shots.

Simply lovely.

agree with you, the two of them were jumping the whole morning! kudos

Rebecca has potential to look good in pictures, gotta find her some poses to hide her bow-legged bone structure.

Personally I feel that all the shots, while good ideas, good lighting, aren't shot in the dancer's peak moment. Esp no. 1, the front foot bent isn't nice.

Overall, I say I like no 5., everything is well covered and the lighting idea is nice :)

ah, been waiting for a cnc for help on my photos. Thanks for pointing out the #1, i thought the back was ok and i overlooked the front leg totally.

i'll do a lookup on other's dance images to see how to conceal the bow legged flaw, is it due to the nature of her dance training?

thanks, #5 is the people's choice already haha

Wow!it's a wow!
Very well done series, I'm In luv with the move, superb! Angle Is good! Simply feel the movement! Great job :)

I want to dance too!

still can be better! mulan find a dance partner lor..many kind of dance around, a-go-go? :bsmilie:

thanks and noted!

i hope they are, just that perhaps you don't see a different genre posted normally by the silent pros heh

LOL! didn't know there was so much fuss about the use of 'breakthrough'. Yes, I am referring to the ones specifically posted in this forum, which generally follow a safe and tired studio formula.

your 55 worth every single cent.
remember stock photos earn money belanjar makan.ha.

anyway thanks for giving up your virginity to me...

ah, been waiting for a cnc for help on my photos. Thanks for pointing out the #1, i thought the back was ok and i overlooked the front leg totally.

i'll do a lookup on other's dance images to see how to conceal the bow legged flaw, is it due to the nature of her dance training?

thanks, #5 is the people's choice already haha

I actually wanted to avoid too much C&C... i'm not a very good photographer myself and didn't want to end up sounding like slamming.

Incidentally I did a ballet shoot with my friend at fort canning on last Wednesday too, surprised to find 4-6 poses repeated in your shoots! Wonder if the ballet world is too limited in dance vocabulary =X

Anyway, I'll just comment on my thoughts for all the pictures k... take it with a pinch of salt, they're just my opinion.

1) bent leg. in back bend poses the arms should be behind the head, not covering. Motion blur also.

2) it may not be obvious, but I can tell you the front leg is not straight. both legs turned in, not sure if its intentional or dancers ability. I'd also like the right arm to be seen, perhaps in a straight line. (sort of like using the arm line of pic 3) Same in pic 6, right arm unseen.

3) I'd have her face the other corner (to the left) instead, because can't see the leg line of the back leg. take note of the fingers too. If you must, just give the dancer a 10 cent coin to pinch with the thumb and the middle bone of the 3rd finger. Thats the classically correct line. Or that's how we teach little children actually...

5) back leg... abit unclear if its to be bent or straight. but its pretty covered up so I kind of like this. Its harder to go wrong with Modern dance poses.

7) the hip alignment is 'twisted'. ie. its a major technical flaw in dance... covered by the dress and won't be obvious to non-dancers actually.

8) the bow +bent leg shows up here again, exactly like the first picture.

9) excellent position from the girl on the left, technically perfect. I just feel that they were off sync, the right girl is coming down already... if not I'd give you 5 stars for this shot!

Hm, to your question to hide the bow legs... its the nemesis of dancers to be born with bow-legs, training doesn't really affect, its genetics. How to hide it? Its through perfect turn-out, not an easy task either... usually you can only hide 1 leg, so you gotta play with the angles, the raised leg should be perfectly turned out.

Anyway its not easy, may seem like a lot of critics but your photos are commenable really. My friend and I shot 400 shots over 3.5 hours and only about 20 good pics... did a same jump over and over to get all the techniques in place.

Thankyou! the success rate was pretty low though!

Its worth it already. I can process and keep 50 shots from a group shoot. But if none are as good as this series... so, I'd rather trade places with u ;)
kudos to you, models and organiser.

Last edited:
buttie, u are fast!! nice pictures!!

Pics are still in raw format in my pc... :bsmilie:

i like #6 and #8, the space is a lot better used there.

have you considered correcting the verticals? for example, when i correct #6 and clone in the bottom left, the image comes out a lot more "ordered"

Yo buttie.Nice work.I love #2 & 3.looks like the subject is floating...very good angle and technique.:thumbsup:

very nice way of freezing the moments, compositioning the picture, usuage of natural lights. Good photographer!

i second what ombre had said, nice pictures but there some technical errors in some of the dance moves, can be easily seen as im also a dancer myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.