Raynox DCR-250 vs Nikon 6T..

Status
Not open for further replies.
kenshinz said:
True, for taking pics of insects, I think it might better to have a longer working distance so that they will not be scared off by us.

Howdy, can I check with you how much you got the DCR250 ? My brother might be going to Taiwan for training exercises, dunno if it's possible for him get it for me during his R&R period.

raynox DCR-250微距鏡頭 ----> 1300元 (160g) - abt S$66 (2004 exchange rate)
可拍攝較小的商品或動植物將其放大,此鏡頭為最佳利器,對焦距離為11公分倍率可達6.9倍)

eh, my chinese cannot make it, does it mean that it cost around $66 based on 2004 exchange rate? hehe, so how do I order from them? Sorry about that.

using the Nikon 6T... no vignetting and excellent piece of glass.you are going to use it with 6X ~12X zoom anyway for max magnification so no worries about vignetting issues.

You r right.
I ordered from San Ke山哥, the URL I mentioned before, he is a miiddle age man and can delivery to Taipei hotel if u let him know in advance, COD.
Then I ordered two sets of adapter tube for FZ10, 2 for FZ1 + filter + + so a few items, do check with him if he is ok to deliver for 1 item(easier arrangement).

Else his usual self collect location is at "Taipei Youth Garden"

自取地點在 台北市青年公園

是在國興路與青年路路口靠青年路的入口,正對面為維多利亞麵包店 位置圖一、位置圖二。

附近公車:停靠站位地圖- 12、205、212直行、223、532、630

公車路線圖- 12、205、212直行、223、532、630

請自定比較方便的日期,取貨時間早上9:30-12:00、下午3:00-6:00、晚上8:00-11:30都可以。

details in following url - (in Chinese though)
http://home.kimo.com.tw/monkey.banana./BuyS.htm

I mail him the hotel my friend is staying in Taipei and he delivered to the loby to meet up for inspection. Quality and service is good! :thumbsup:

Contact Details:
山哥
信  箱:mschen3@url.com.tw
個人網址:http://vipweb.url.com.tw/MSCHEN3
電  話:0933-045954

so, guyz, wat is the conclusion??

get DCR 250 or Nikon 6T??

mainly or mostly flower shots!

fz5, I think if mostly doing flower shots, the Raynox DCR250 might be better, with its greater magnification, plus flowers don't get scared off with you moving closer :)

Howdy said:
You r right.
I ordered from San Ke山哥, the URL I mentioned before, he is a miiddle age man and can delivery to Taipei hotel if u let him know in advance, COD.
Then I ordered two sets of adapter tube for FZ10, 2 for FZ1 + filter + + so a few items, do check with him if he is ok to deliver for 1 item(easier arrangement).

Else his usual self collect location is at "Taipei Youth Garden"

自取地點在 台北市青年公園

是在國興路與青年路路口靠青年路的入口,正對面為維多利亞麵包店 位置圖一、位置圖二。

附近公車:停靠站位地圖- 12、205、212直行、223、532、630

公車路線圖- 12、205、212直行、223、532、630

請自定比較方便的日期,取貨時間早上9:30-12:00、下午3:00-6:00、晚上8:00-11:30都可以。

details in following url - (in Chinese though)
http://home.kimo.com.tw/monkey.banana./BuyS.htm

I mail him the hotel my friend is staying in Taipei and he delivered to the loby to meet up for inspection. Quality and service is good! :thumbsup:

Contact Details:
山哥
信  箱:mschen3@url.com.tw
個人網址:http://vipweb.url.com.tw/MSCHEN3
電  話:0933-045954

Thanks Howdy !

Thanks for all the reply here..

The raynox mention that 110mm is the focus length..

how if we focus at 200mm??? can we?? will subject be focus?

fz5 said:
Thanks for all the reply here..

The raynox mention that 110mm is the focus length..

how if we focus at 200mm??? can we?? will subject be focus?

No, when using macro filters the focusing length is fixed.

i use a combination of DCR250, 6T and 5T (see here for my setup).

5T -> 6T -> DCR250

as you go from 5T to DCR250 the magnification increases, but working distance and depth of field decreases. So i choose the filter (or a combination of filters) depending on the situation. for example, when shooting bugs i use 6T+5T first, if the bug does not runaway, i snap on the DCR250 and try a closer shot.

hmmm out of point, but why is your camera the other way round?? haha
lumix => ximul

unseen said:
hmmm out of point, but why is your camera the other way round?? haha
lumix => ximul

;) fixed now.
earlier i had flipped the image horizontally without thinking about the consequences :D

So how much does it cost to get a raynox closeup...???

2groups, 3 elements... should be pretty good...

not available in SG.
can get from B&H for USD 59.90 + shipping.
i think 6T is a good alternative: less magnification, but longer working distance, cheaper (SGD 75) and locally available

Hmmzzz... so expensive... Anyone going to taiwan soon...???

Maybe can get a price list from san ge... provided the person going taiwan willing to help us get...

ermz.. I got good friends coming from taiwan and hk in june/july.. thinking maybe can start a "MO" if my friends are willing to help carry a few.. haha..
but anyway... does the working distance change with every camera? at tele end FZ20 needs 2M for min focus, while FZ5 needs 1M.. i'm wondering if it will affect the WD if i get either of the filters..

damithc said:
not available in SG.
can get from B&H for USD 59.90 + shipping.
i think 6T is a good alternative: less magnification, but longer working distance, cheaper (SGD 75) and locally available

is it good if longer working distance?

unseen said:
ermz.. I got good friends coming from taiwan and hk in june/july.. thinking maybe can start a "MO" if my friends are willing to help carry a few.. haha..
but anyway... does the working distance change with every camera? at tele end FZ20 needs 2M for min focus, while FZ5 needs 1M.. i'm wondering if it will affect the WD if i get either of the filters..

If camera got their own WD..

fz5 said:
is it good if longer working distance?

Yes, longer working distance would give u more distance from ur subject, so like u taking insects, you won't want to have short working distance, go too near ur subject fly away liao.

Hong Jia said:
Yes, longer working distance would give u more distance from ur subject, so like u taking insects, you won't want to have short working distance, go too near ur subject fly away liao.

mean that here I should choose Nikon 6T instead of Raynox right??

Status
Not open for further replies.