Raynox DCR-250 vs Nikon 6T..


Status
Not open for further replies.

fz5

New Member
Mar 30, 2005
109
0
0
#1
Hi guyz,

Currently using FZ20.. May I know which one would be the most recommended close up lens?

1. Raynox DCR 250
2. Nikon 6T

Pros and Cons for both this lens are very welcome!!

I need to know 2 things here:

1. Picture quality
2. Vignetting


So, wat do u guyz will recommend me??

Thanks a lot!!

And feel free to visit my fotopic website Click Here!
 

kenshinz

New Member
Mar 7, 2005
166
0
0
#2
Heh, I was also looking at this 2 close up lens. From what I know:

DCR250 is not sold in Singapore.
It's also more expensive. B&H selling at USD$59.95
Might have some vignetting at full wide.
Comes with a universal snap on adapter from 52mm to 67mm
Appromixately +10

Nikon 6T is supposely more easily found in Singapore
Cheaper, think Lords have them at around $60-$70 ?
Approximately +2.9
 

fz5

New Member
Mar 30, 2005
109
0
0
#3
kenshinz said:
Heh, I was also looking at this 2 close up lens. From what I know:

DCR250 is not sold in Singapore.
It's also more expensive. B&H selling at USD$59.95
Might have some vignetting at full wide.
Comes with a universal snap on adapter from 52mm to 67mm
Appromixately +10

Nikon 6T is supposely more easily found in Singapore
Cheaper, think Lords have them at around $60-$70 ?
Approximately +2.9

emm.. bout DCR 250.. i will asked my friends to find it in Uk, US, or Aus.. hehe..

Full wide got vignet.. how bout full tele with this lens???


bout Nikon 6T.. any vignet???
 

kenshinz

New Member
Mar 7, 2005
166
0
0
#4
Full tele wouldn't have vignetting la, Nikon 6T I'm not sure haven't heard anyone mentioned before. Hehe, if you getting the DCR250, might tobanging ?
 

k3nn3th03

Senior Member
Jan 6, 2005
2,544
0
0
#5
kenshinz said:
Heh, I was also looking at this 2 close up lens. From what I know:

DCR250 is not sold in Singapore.
It's also more expensive. B&H selling at USD$59.95
Might have some vignetting at full wide.
Comes with a universal snap on adapter from 52mm to 67mm
Appromixately +10

Nikon 6T is supposely more easily found in Singapore
Cheaper, think Lords have them at around $60-$70 ?
Approximately +2.9
LORDS quote 78 wit gst..
 

fz5

New Member
Mar 30, 2005
109
0
0
#6
kenshinz said:
Full tele wouldn't have vignetting la, Nikon 6T I'm not sure haven't heard anyone mentioned before. Hehe, if you getting the DCR250, might tobanging ?

wat is tobanging???
 

kenshinz

New Member
Mar 7, 2005
166
0
0
#7
Eh think mis-spelled haha, basically means ride on your order :)
 

fz5

New Member
Mar 30, 2005
109
0
0
#8
kenshinz said:
Eh think mis-spelled haha, basically means ride on your order :)
oh ok ok..

em.. but now i really need to know the cons and pros bout this 2 lens.. plan to get it very soon!! hehe..
 

Hong Jia

New Member
Feb 28, 2004
1,117
0
0
#9
Nikon 6T is a double element filter... that means 2 piece of glass join to become it... is Raynox a double element too...?
 

kenshinz

New Member
Mar 7, 2005
166
0
0
#10
Raynox DCR250 Specs:

Magnification : 2.5X - approximately +10 (4 1/4" minimum distance from subject)
Lens construction : 2G/3E Optical coated glass elements
Front filter size : 49mm
Rear threads size : 43mm
Size/Weight : DCR-250 53x18mm/60g. Comes with Universal snap-on style ring for diameters 52mm - 67mm, lens caps, and case.
 

Hong Jia

New Member
Feb 28, 2004
1,117
0
0
#11
i think the rear thread a bit small... hee... that why there is vignetting at full wide... but again no one use CU filters at full wide... but must see how much can the camera focus with the filter on... Like for hoya +4, only the centre is being focus, the side are pretty soft focus...
 

fz5

New Member
Mar 30, 2005
109
0
0
#12
Hong Jia said:
i think the rear thread a bit small... hee... that why there is vignetting at full wide... but again no one use CU filters at full wide... but must see how much can the camera focus with the filter on... Like for hoya +4, only the centre is being focus, the side are pretty soft focus...
that's y.. i want those ppl here who got experience with this raynox lens..
 

Tetsuhiko

New Member
Nov 1, 2004
96
0
0
32
Hougang
#15
who got these two lenses? can bring during the next PLUG outing? :bsmilie: :think:
 

Howdy

New Member
May 10, 2004
202
0
0
#16
fz5 said:
that's y.. i want those ppl here who got experience with this raynox lens..
I am using Raynox DCR250, got it from Taiwan San Ke, see this URL for instruction on usage.
http://home.kimo.com.tw/monkey.banana./250.htm

Note working distance for DCR250 is 11cm only compare to Nikon 6T is 29cm.(see quote below)

Quote tchuanye's reply to my earlier PM when I do not know how to use my DCR-250 - Thanks again TC.

"For close up filters, there is a WD(working distance), the distance at which the camera is able to focus on the subject. For the 6T is 29cm. You have to figure yours. Zoom it 12x at any subject, and move your camera forward and backward until the subject apprears sharp. I am not sure what is the WD of the raynox but you can try from 3 cm and increase it. Use Manual focus to do a quick check at each range."
 

fz5

New Member
Mar 30, 2005
109
0
0
#17
Howdy said:
I am using Raynox DCR250, got it from Taiwan San Ke, see this URL for instruction on usage.
http://home.kimo.com.tw/monkey.banana./250.htm

Note working distance for DCR250 is 11cm only compare to Nikon 6T is 29cm.(see quote below)

Quote tchuanye's reply to my earlier PM when I do not know how to use my DCR-250 - Thanks again TC.

"For close up filters, there is a WD(working distance), the distance at which the camera is able to focus on the subject. For the 6T is 29cm. You have to figure yours. Zoom it 12x at any subject, and move your camera forward and backward until the subject apprears sharp. I am not sure what is the WD of the raynox but you can try from 3 cm and increase it. Use Manual focus to do a quick check at each range."
confuse one point here.. in first paragraph, u said the WD for raynox is 11cm.. but at the 3rd paragraph, u said not sure the WD for raynox..
 

kenshinz

New Member
Mar 7, 2005
166
0
0
#18
That's tchuanye's reply to Howdy's earlier PM la
 

Howdy

New Member
May 10, 2004
202
0
0
#19
kenshinz said:
That's tchuanye's reply to Howdy's earlier PM la
Thks Kenshinz, that is correct, after reading tchuanye's advise, I found the WD for DCR250 and it is 110mm as indicated in San Ke's url, for FZ1/2/3 it is 120mm.

Note the universal adapter also allows u to use this len on other camera/video cam as well (52-67mm).

However, I think taking still object(like flower, plant,etc) would be easier than life object as they usually find the camera is too near for comfort.
 

kenshinz

New Member
Mar 7, 2005
166
0
0
#20
True, for taking pics of insects, I think it might better to have a longer working distance so that they will not be scared off by us.

Howdy, can I check with you how much you got the DCR250 ? My brother might be going to Taiwan for training exercises, dunno if it's possible for him get it for me during his R&R period.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom