RAW File Write Speed on D7000

qING

Jan 3, 2006
Scenario:

Please note that all photos are shot in RAW.

I took photo A.

I took photo B. And immediately, I did a quick review photo B on the playback. Then I tried to look at photo A.

There is a delay of 1 to 2 seconds before I could see photo A. I suspect that the camera was still writing photo B to the memory card.

Will changing memory card help to speed things up?

Thanks.

if you are still using the free SDHC card, the read/write speed is very slow. this was what happened to me on my previous D90. i went ahead to get a class10 30mb/s and everything was smooth from there on. no regrets, furthermore memory card is so cheap nowadays compared to when i bought it 1 year ago.

Last edited:
Just to provide a view from a diff angle, when I review my pic to delete photos, I had a hard time becos each image takes abt 1 full sec to delete. It might sound weird but it's true. I change to a sandisk ultra II card and it becomes much better.

Just to provide a view from a diff angle, when I review my pic to delete photos, I had a hard time becos each image takes abt 1 full sec to delete. It might sound weird but it's true. I change to a sandisk ultra II card and it becomes much better.

deleting a file will depend on its write speed, so technically its the same.

if you are still using the free SDHC card, the read/write speed is very slow. this was what happened to me on my previous D90. i went ahead to get a class10 30mb/s and everything was smooth from there on. no regrets, furthermore memory card is so cheap nowadays compared to when i bought it 1 year ago.

ultra and ultra II is almost the same speed (i got both in 8GD size, and cant tell any diff)... but both faster than the foc sd card for sure...
where to buy the most competitively price high speed sandisk sd card?

ultra and ultra II is almost the same speed (i got both in 8GD size, and cant tell any diff)... but both faster than the foc sd card for sure...
where to buy the most competitively price high speed sandisk sd card?

if i remember correctly, ultra and ultra II are both same speed at 15mb/s. extreme and extreme III is 20mb/s and 30mb/s respectively.
i bought mine at sls top levels, make sure its with the Vector Magnetics sticker.

if i remember correctly, ultra and ultra II are both same speed at 15mb/s. extreme and extreme III is 20mb/s and 30mb/s respectively.
i bought mine at sls top levels, make sure its with the Vector Magnetics sticker.

Thanks. I will check it out when I am free.