Rain topic: do u dare to collect rain water??

LOL... I think not more than 5 years, the rain water will be chargeable! LOL

PUB

have better clarification???

kklee has already quoted the relevant Act (Prohibition on extraction of water). It's not stated outright water belongs to them but you have to get permission. If it doesn't belong to them why need permission from them in the first place? Read how it is phrased. That's why I say it's a stance not a law. I think the direction is that they are gradually being nudged into relaxing this rule but to make changes in the statute itself will be a long and slow process.

Prohibition on extraction of water
—(1) No person shall, without the approval of the Board, construct any works for taking or intercepting water from any place or sea, within the territorial limits of Singapore.
[8/2001]
(2) An application for approval to construct any works for taking or intercepting water from any such place or sea shall be made in such form as the Board may require.
[8/2001]
(3) In considering an application made under this section, the Board may require the applicant to furnish such particulars and plans for the proposed works as it thinks fit.
[8/2001]
(4) In granting any approval under this section, the Board may impose such conditions as it thinks fit.
[8/2001]
(5) Any person who contravenes subsection (1) shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding $20,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 3 months.
(6) This section shall not apply to the lands, buildings and installations of the Board.
"taking or intercepting water from any place or sea"... can be argued that "place" means an earth-bound location... "taking or intercepting water from" deals with taking it "from" such locations, not the situation of the means to take or intercept the water... so, it can be said that the statute does not clearly state that collecting rain water is illegal... note this is from a purely linguistic understanding of the text and does not constitute any form of legal advice in any specific form or manner...