Railway

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevesteve

Jun 12, 2010
Does anyone know of an abandoned railway track around Chinatown area, or near Chinatown? I forgot the street name, but I remember there is a temple (if I'm not wrong) around the railway track.

Interesting query you have.

I do have a tiny bit of unverified info, that there was once a track running behind Neil Road, more of a track to ferry goods on the rail
(from Tanjong Pagar station to storage areas). However the tracks are no longer there. And Neil Road was rather near to Chinatown
as well, unless you have a specific location you would want to pinpoint. :)

Does anyone know of an abandoned railway track around Chinatown area, or near Chinatown? I forgot the street name, but I remember there is a temple (if I'm not wrong) around the railway track.
Back in the early 1900s', apart from what we now know as the KTM railway tracks between Woodlands and Bukit Timah, the original line as planned by the British used to continue towards present day Newton Circus before passing through stations along Orchard Road/Somerset Road, Clemenceau Avenue, New Bridge Road, Tanjong Pagar Road, Cantonment Road, Telok Blangah Road and finally terminating somewhere near Pasir Panjang container terminal.

This was years before the network of railway lines was transferred over to Federated Malay States Railways (FMSR), predecessor of Keretapi Tanah Melayu (KTM).

:)

thanks man for your info :)

btw sbs99, i dont think its neil road, as the name doesn't sounds familiar to me. hahaha.. but its ok.

anyway does any one of you know whether Istana Woodneuk, or Tong Watt Street Burned Down Shophouse is available for shoot? Or its by illegal means?

Illegal entry and means are definitely NOT encouraged in ClubSnap.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.