Rail way at sunset way ( clementi )

Status
Not open for further replies.
bus transisland 184 is at the entrance. Or take 151, have to walk a little, just ask the people there, every1 knows this jogging track well!

arg just when i though i could use this place for a may shoot...
It's overly cluttered and the hdb at the back spoils it all!

if u use a telephoto u might not get the hdb in the background, just be careful not to let the couple drop 10metres down lol

If you go during the evening, you will see some old folks walking on the path as if walking on flat land.

No no for me as I got height phobia... :sweatsm:

Actually the side towards Sunset avenue can talk a lot of nice pictures from 6pm onwards.

bus transisland 184 is at the entrance. Or take 151, have to walk a little, just ask the people there, every1 knows this jogging track well!

Long ago no more Trans Island, now is known as SMRT. Sunset Way there have to walk in and pass a basketball court then continue to walk downwards then turn right and go up the slope as shown in my first pic. Then have to climb up a large concrete block to get up the tracks.

if u use a telephoto u might not get the hdb in the background, just be careful not to let the couple drop 10metres down lol

The height is more than 10 metres. Estimated should be close to 20 metres from the bridge to the waters below.

if drive where to park?:think:

If u drive, turn into Sunset Way. Drive for about 150 meters along Sunset Way. You want to look for the entrance to the 3rd HDB carpark on your LEFT. You cant miss it as it will be on a downslope and you will see part of the abandoned overhead railway crossing - Sunset Way continues to run below this elevated crossing. This carpark is next to the big railway bridge as seen in so many CS pictures. If you look around, you will see the trampled path that most visitors will use to go up unto the railway tracks.

If u drive, turn into Sunset Way. Drive for about 150 meters along Sunset Way. You want to look for the entrance to the 3rd HDB carpark on your LEFT. You cant miss it as it will be on a downslope and you will see part of the abandoned overhead railway crossing - Sunset Way continues to run below this elevated crossing. This carpark is next to the big railway bridge as seen in so many CS pictures. If you look around, you will see the trampled path that most visitors will use to go up unto the railway tracks.

Thks bro...:D

Depending on where u stay, both methods also can. But for train u've to switch to bus. and drop at Sunset Way.

walking distance from clementi station. ask your friend who stays there.
you would have covered the same distance in walking by walking to the bus station and walking to the rail after alighting the bus.

ok 10 - 20metres from bridge to track and waters, water is much lower.

walking distance from clementi station. ask your friend who stays there.
you would have covered the same distance in walking by walking to the bus station and walking to the rail after alighting the bus.

But who would want to walk from the station? Unless u've a lot of free time.

haha, i just went there today, not bad , the structure is still good actually there is a staircase in between block 301 and 305 to lead down to the old railway and walking right will for some 50 metres will reach the old rail bridge liao

the bridge is stil stable and it is my 2nd time walking on it.
2435840529_1e4dc62ea4_b.jpg

for those who dun like to walk , can take 284 from clementi bus interchange

In fact the bridge is very well-built and robust due to older materials of high durability used for railway bridge construction. I hope this structure will always remain and won't be gazetted or torn down.

i used to hang out there when i was in sec school. somemore in the middle of the tracks.
haha

Status
Not open for further replies.