radio triggers ~~~vomit blood~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horus

Oct 23, 2002
Northern Singapore
hi people!

anyone has experience using the combination of Jinbei YS-A radio triggers with a 580ex? The $12 hot shoe adaptor I'm using to trigger with seems to trigger only like 80% of the time. It was so frustrating when I was doing a shoot last Monday. I changed the batteries to Alkaline fresh ones but still the same problem. They don't fire 100%....Any one has any solutions? Was speaking to a camera shop owner today and there were 2 solutions - get a Nikon SB28 flash (supposedly they work better with hot shoe triggers than the 580ex)/get a Nikon SB800 Flash or try out the Pocket Wizards. :sweat:

does the radio trigger support e-TTL? If not, you'll need to use manual mode on the flash. not sure whether this is the problem though.

mpenza said:
does the radio trigger support e-TTL? If not, you'll need to use manual mode on the flash. not sure whether this is the problem though.

the radio trigger does not support e-ttl. I'm using Manual controls all the way on the 580ex already. It works nicely when you connect it initially...then mayb after like 20 shots or so it becomes unreliable and fires intermittenly only. :angry:

Castlesinthesky said:
Get pocket wizards. Never fails you.

Hmm...you reckon that the problem lies in the transmitter/receiver? I'd be happy to get it if it could solve my problems. It would be a better alternative to getting less compatible and expensive SB800s that I can't really use as spares. I simply can't stand unreliable stuff but the PWs don't come cheap...anyone tried this combo sucessfully before?? :sweatsm:

why not just get a Canon ST-E2? It's not radio but it's pretty reliable, supports E-TTL and gives your IR AF assist at the same time.

mpenza said:
why not just get a Canon ST-E2? It's not radio but it's pretty reliable, supports E-TTL and gives your IR AF assist at the same time.

Thanks for the suggestion...that's what the shop owner said too! mmm...but i've owned it before and sold it...think it's pretty limiting. Still prefer radio triggers since mostly intending to use the stuff outdoors.... :sweat: thanks for your suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.