Radio Poppers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about getting a few radio poppers for my Canon flashes but the slow response and production, I decided I would be better off with the Skyports instead. Though having ETTL on the fly is really useful for me, I got the hang of manually setting my flash output. If anyone is ordering them, let me know. I might just get one for myself. You know for those days where you just want to 'auto' everything. LOL!

i just happened to emailed them after a newsletter was mailed out. they mention "International release dates will be announced in the next few months."

what's the price of skyport and radiopopper?

which one doesn't support ETTL?

Thanks;)

not really sure abt the prices, other members would prob know better..

if you have read a few post back by the TS, you would know the radiopopper does..

Bad news is still no reply from their "operations manager". I'll ask again next week since I'm really busy over this weekend.

Cool, please count me in for the MO.

Bad news is still no reply from their "operations manager". I'll ask again next week since I'm really busy over this weekend.

i got a reply from
Bernard Davison ~ Customer Service Representative
/////// RadioPopper - Radio ETTL
/////// info@radiopopper.com
/////// www.radiopopper.com

OMG I think people with cash can forget radio poppers!

http://www.pocketwizard.com/

NEW ETTL COMPATIBLE PWs

OMG....

HUGE!...

I foresee a large expenditure in my future...

Holy mother of strobists...that might just change everything. Let's keep close tabs on the price of the PWs. If they're close, then the RP guys would have missed the boat.

I think unfortunately PW has always been expensive.

But I like the design more! Less cumbersome when it's just a hotshoe attachment!

And I think PWs have the best reputation for reliability for flash triggers!

I think unfortunately PW has always been expensive.

But I like the design more! Less cumbersome when it's just a hotshoe attachment!

And I think PWs have the best reputation for reliability for flash triggers!

PWs are indeed expensive, but I think their reliability is well worth the price. The price for the Mini is US$199 and the Flex US$219, which imo isn't too far off the RP prices. This could be the RP killer, which makes me sad yet excited.

It's so killer how PW has to come out with a pair of TTL compatible triggers right after RP. I'm waiting...hehe.

The ST-E2 not an option for you? Not sure how it performs outdoors though since its optically triggered, rather than radio.

im using the st-e2
its great if you're indoors/its dark outside but once you bring it out to broad daylight its range becomes pretty limited...

also the fact that if your not in an environment where the infrared can bounce off the walls (ie: a studio) your practically cant fire the flashes... its good if your just toying with flashes or shooting from a far but to get upclose and really be able to play with shots probably best to get a radio trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.