R/C modelling!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, to tempt you, I'd like to inform that Tamiya has re-released the street Supra body on the TT01D+LED light kit :devil:
I have already installed 3W led lights way before they mass produced:bsmilie:

Hi, i am also playing Rc car few years back. Stop because getting fewer track in SG and very troublesome to bring all my RC stuff to the track which is very far from my house.
Now my 1/10 electric car & gas car collecting dust. Currently playing Mini-z which is very ez to carry around and there is a track for mini-z near my house.

Hi, i am also playing Rc car few years back. Stop because getting fewer track in SG and very troublesome to bring all my RC stuff to the track which is very far from my house.
Now my 1/10 electric car & gas car collecting dust. Currently playing Mini-z which is very ez to carry around and there is a track for mini-z near my house.

Where is the track? I want to play:eek:

The the full detail of the track in SG, u can check out the website (rctech.net) this is a forum where there is a section mainly for SG. (the biggest one is at east coast park which they use to run 1/8 track car) speed up to 120km/h

As for mini-z, 2wd from $180++ to $200++
4wd abt $260++.
Not very sure with the price but all kit are ready to run, just add batt.(Stock kit without hop-up)

What's the price range of mini-z like?

I have one new Mini Z Ferrari, still in the box, can sell you cheap. Keen? I also have all new hop up option parts for this babe all new in original packing.

If you're gonna go with a more powerful motor, slipper clutch is an absolute must. As for universal shafts, the DF02 ones fit perfectly. 3Racing's hard diff outdrives (front and rear) are recommended. Basically anything that beefs up the drivetrain is good if you intend to go faster.

What does a slipper clutch do? Or even a one-way unit?

I have one new Mini Z Ferrari, still in the box, can sell you cheap. Keen? I also have all new hop up option parts for this babe all new in original packing.

How much?
Can PM me the details?
Still not sure if I should go into miniz yet.. I've got to do some reading on the accessories.

What does a slipper clutch do? Or even a one-way unit?

A slipper clutch slips, as the name suggests, when too much torque is applied during hard acceleration. The slipping helps to prevent your drivetrain's gears from being overloaded and damaged in such cases.

As for one-way units, they affect your car's handling especially when making turns. Basically it affects the front wheels. Applying the brakes hard on a 4WD car with one way differential means that the rear wheels will lock up with the front free to rotate (instead of 4 wheel braking) and usually ends up in a spin. That's just the con.

I might be wrong from here on, so do correct me... The pros of a one way diff is that it improves and allows off-power cornering, depending on the driver and his/her skill, since although the rear wheels are slowing down, the front end still keeps going on through the turn.

Quoted from here

Ball-Diff

Provides braking on all 4 wheels
Suited to tight tracks where lots of braking is required and equally ideal on longer tracks too.

GH Ball-Diff and ajustable GH Ball-Diff II available.
GH Ball Diff classic is a bitch notchy but smoothens out with use.
Adjustable GH ball-diff II quite good, but not as adjustable as some had hoped. Also a bit notchy, but also smooths out with use.
Recommend an alloy front pulley gear for use with these diffs.
New AVM front ball-diff is available, Fringo to give us some feedback on that product when his arrives.

One-Way

Provides braking on rear wheels only.
Suited to longer tracks with sweeping curves.
May cause back end to spin out under extreme braking on shorter tracks.
In an ideal world, you should use lower profile tires on the front wheels, thus allowing the front wheels to free-wheel. If the back end drifts while cornering, the front one way then grips and the front wheels should pull the car thru the corner. This science is more suited to larger scales (1/10th-1/8th) but it's worth mentioning anyway.

GH make a front one way as do GPM and Orion/HPI.
I recommend the GPM / GH as they have alloy diff casings.
Again, an alloy front pulley gear is recommended.

For parking lot bashing, a Ball-Diff is the ideal solution.

How much?
Can PM me the details?
Still not sure if I should go into miniz yet.. I've got to do some reading on the accessories.

Includes tranmistter and of course the mini Z box and beautiful paintwork of the Ferrari vehicle. I already send u a PM. Mop your house floor and ready to play :)

Where can buy these mini-Z off the shelf in singapore without being a carrot head?

Where can buy these mini-Z off the shelf in singapore without being a carrot head?

No more mini Z in Spore, Seow Choon at Tekka already close down. Still can buy over internet. Some models are no more available. I can sell you cheap, one new Ferrari in box, never use before, comes with transmitter.:angel:

No more mini Z in Spore, Seow Choon already close down. Still can buy over internet. Some models are no more available. I can sell you cheap, one new Ferrari in box, never use before, comes with transmitter.:angel:
Thanks.
But I dun wan ferrari.
I wan AWD.
Any website wun chop carrot head then?

Thank you all for your info... will consider getting the touring class one day... ;)

There is still a track for mini-z in SG which is at arena country club. (very near to discovery centre). AWD mini-z only good for drifting.

Status
Not open for further replies.