Questions to locals.... Feel free to add if necessary..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hehe this is an interesting one.

Mee Siam. It is a local fine noodle dish served in slightly spiced Gravy.
Mee Siam mai Hiam. It's the same noodle dish just without the chilli.
Mee Siam mai Hum. Suggested by a political Figure with intention to suggest the same noodle dish without cockles. Hum in this term means Cockles. (But then again the dish was never served with cockles in the first place. )

Mee Siam mai Hum. Suggested by a political Figure with intention to suggest the same noodle dish without cockles. Hum in this term means Cockles. (But then again the dish was never served with cockles in the first place. )

don't you think it's very boh liao to keep talking about the same thing over and over and over and over again? do we have to politicize every single thread in kopitiam?

don't you think it's very boh liao to keep talking about the same thing over and over and over and over again? do we have to politicize every single thread in kopitiam?

No. It just remind me of the description from Mr Brown Show. hehe he has a very nice ringtone for the song.

haaa...that's why its better to create threads that allow people to tok kok than keep talking serious gahmen matters.... :bsmilie:

lai lai...friendly...this one is bestest liao i think

http://www.talkingcock.com/html/lexec.php?op=LexPKL&lexicon=lexicon

powkaliao.

haaa...that's why its better to create threads that allow people to tok kok than keep talking serious gahmen matters.... :bsmilie:

powkaliao.

Hossan Leong's History Song also very interesting. :D It does uses all kinds of Singlish and stuff. :think:

powkaliao.

:bsmilie:

it's kind of stupid lah, nowadays kopitiam threads all kena politicized for don't know what reasons. you know, it's like you walk into a kopitiam to order your lunch, you ask for cai peng, then the auntie tells you ''no cai peng here, anything also don't have, only mee siam ... mee siam ... MEE SIAM!!!'' wah lau eh, eat until LS i tell you

"Beauty World" is playing again. Go watch it. Then follow up with "The Campaign To Confer The Public Service Star On JBJ" (not THAT JBJ, the OTHER JBJ).

Both will give you a sense of Singlish in local context :)

"Beauty World" is playing again. Go watch it. Then follow up with "The Campaign To Confer The Public Service Star On JBJ" (not THAT JBJ, the OTHER JBJ).

Both will give you a sense of Singlish in local context :)

oh i've heard about "The Campaign To Confer The Public Service Star On JBJ" ... where and when is it showing? hope to catch a few local productions soon ;p

:bsmilie:

it's kind of stupid lah, nowadays kopitiam threads all kena politicized for don't know what reasons. you know, it's like you walk into a kopitiam to order your lunch, you ask for cai peng, then the auntie tells you ''no cai peng here, anything also don't have, only mee siam ... mee siam ... MEE SIAM!!!'' wah lau eh, eat until LS i tell you

yah...i guess its pretty obvious liao...every where it seems...forums...
the whispers are getting louder. :sweatsm:

tats why joke joke better mah...everybody should follow Sion. (and his ahem... afganwoman)

Aiyo (Translation: Oh) ... His pose sala (Translation : wrong). I thought he was posing as tibetian Monk. :bsmilie:

alamak ... like that damn jialak sia, you go blanjah some singaporean friends to teach you faster (16 words)

translate: oh my goodness ... this looks like a rather bad case, you should get some Singaporean friends to teach you as you will be able to pick up the language alot faster, don't forget to give them a treat after that (40 words)

somehow i think Singlish is a rather efficient language :sweat:

Naaah, here's a better translation:

Damn... That sucks, better go bug some singaporean friends to help you improve.

(13 words)

Status
Not open for further replies.