Questions on photo submission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon

Mar 12, 2004
CCK
Hello pple,

Normally for competition, one of the rule would disallow editing of digital photos submitted. Is cropping still allowed?

Another question is what's the lowest pixel resolution of an image needed to print an S8R photo? I'm looking for the pixel X pixel size (eg 2086x1300, etc), not the camera's megapixel setting :)

Oh and what's the side ratio for S8R? 2:3 or 3:4?

Thanks a lot for the help :thumbsup:

Brandon said:
Hello pple,

Normally for competition, one of the rule would disallow editing of digital photos submitted. Is cropping still allowed?

Another question is what's the lowest pixel resolution of an image needed to print an S8R photo? I'm looking for the pixel X pixel size (eg 2086x1300, etc), not the camera's megapixel setting :)

Oh and what's the side ratio for S8R? 2:3 or 3:4?

Thanks a lot for the help :thumbsup:

Editing of digital photos normally means things like adding elements which are not there originally in the picture. Cropping shouldn't be a problem at all.

Normally, a 3mp picture will be sufficient to print up to a 8R picture, S8R will be pushing it a bit. And I dun noe what you mean by not the camera's megapixel setting? It's basically the same thing lah. If the camera gives you a 2048 x1536 pixels resolution, 2048 x 1536 = 3,145,728 pixels, roughly 3.1 megapixel lah.

Anyway, as a guide, picture quality is using still acceptable if the printer prints the photo at 200dpi, so you do your own calculation lah.
S8R is 8 x 12. So you need (8 x 200) x (12 x 200) = 1600 x 2400 loh.

Prismatic said:
Editing of digital photos normally means things like adding elements which are not there originally in the picture. Cropping shouldn't be a problem at all.

Normally, a 3mp picture will be sufficient to print up to a 8R picture, S8R will be pushing it a bit. And I dun noe what you mean by not the camera's megapixel setting? It's basically the same thing lah. If the camera gives you a 2048 x1536 pixels resolution, 2048 x 1536 = 3,145,728 pixels, roughly 3.1 megapixel lah.

Anyway, as a guide, picture quality is using still acceptable if the printer prints the photo at 200dpi, so you do your own calculation lah.
S8R is 8 x 12. So you need (8 x 200) x (12 x 200) = 1600 x 2400 loh.

Oh now I understand :think:

Thanks for the info :)

juz want to add on...

S8R is 8" x 12"
8R is 8" x 10"

If competition requires S8R, then image ratio should be 2:3.
If u use 4:3, during framing, u'll hv to allow more space for cropping into S8R later. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.