Questions on Hot/Dead/Stuck Pixel(s)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cllai

Mar 21, 2002
Visit site
Anyone can advice in layman's terms what the different terms mean and what are the differences/similarities between them? Read a lot of definitions on the web, now quite confused :confused:...

Also what is the best way to test at the shop? Don't want to get a scolding/sarcastic remark/beating up (I hope not! ;p) for being a "troublemaker"...

I'm hoping to get a DC around S$1K-1.5K, for this price range, is it reasonable/possible to expect one unit with zero hot/dead/stuck pixel(s) straight from the box? (I can accept defects developing after usage due to wear and tear, but not straight from the box...)

Thanks for any info...

i think..

hot=charge up very fast so appears to be white all the time
dead=totally gone, no reaction
stuck=duuno

me myself still learning now, look around... got many thread is touching this issue.

Originally posted by cllai
Anyone can advice in layman's terms what the different terms mean and what are the differences/similarities between them? Read a lot of definitions on the web, now quite confused :confused:...

Also what is the best way to test at the shop? Don't want to get a scolding/sarcastic remark/beating up (I hope not! ;p) for being a "troublemaker"...

I'm hoping to get a DC around S$1K-1.5K, for this price range, is it reasonable/possible to expect one unit with zero hot/dead/stuck pixel(s) straight from the box? (I can accept defects developing after usage due to wear and tear, but not straight from the box...)

Thanks for any info...

Well, at that price range you can get a very decent digicam with manual controls.

I hope so...

So I just take a series of shots with the lens cap on at various speed, and hopefully all the pics are fully black, and keep on repeating the process with all the shop's stock until I get one with zero defect?

Any recommendation for a good & patient shop and/or sales person for doing this?

I've no idea what to buy yet...but preferably something which uses CF1/2, AAs, good zoom, good AF, good metering, good grip, compact aka light, expandable (add-on lens, flash, etc)...any suggestions?

Thanks...

Originally posted by cllai
I hope so...

So I just take a series of shots with the lens cap on at various speed, and hopefully all the pics are fully black, and keep on repeating the process with all the shop's stock until I get one with zero defect?

Any recommendation for a good & patient shop and/or sales person for doing this?

I've no idea what to buy yet...but preferably something which uses CF1/2, AAs, good zoom, good AF, good metering, good grip, compact aka light, expandable (add-on lens, flash, etc)...any suggestions?

Thanks...

all camera will have hot pixel in certain speed settings, as mentioned by jayan... dont go test each camera... later ppl buy got ur finger prints all over ;p

So not possible to expect/buy a DC with zero pixel problem? How about those high priced DSLR?

Status
Not open for further replies.