Question

Bukitimah

Nov 28, 2010
Singapore
I have a question here I hope someone can help to enlighten. Most camera today use SD card to store the photos and such storage can go from 8 to 16 Gb or even higher but never enough if you take video.

I read of Flu card (not sure if I got the spelling right) that can transfer the data to a computer or picture storage device. Sounds great but not sure if it works well.

Can we attach a portable hard disk to the camera and transfer the data? Any other form to transfer the data beside removing the SD card and transfer the data over to another device?

What's wrong with using SD cards? Which specific requirements do you have to use portable hard disks or other devices? Drop a hard disk and SD card, see which one works still :)

Nothing wrong with SD card but I thought hand disk has much bigger capacity. I am new to this and is trying to find out more.

What is the biggest SD capacity available and the cost? Is it advisable to buy SD card with high capacity or should we own multiple SD cards? Any feedback on this call 'Flu card'?

i would rather own multiple cards, because this hedges against the risk of card failure.

if you get a 132 GB card, and it fails, a lot of photos will be gone.

that said, unless you are covering events, i don't see how you can rack up shots that quickly. evne if you do, it is a simple matter of having the discipline to clear out less usable shots when you have more leisure to do so.

I've tried covering an event using 3 memory cards, 1 containing shots of guest to be printed concurrently and 2 for the rest of the shots. It was a worst case scenario since i don't own any Wifi adaptors, however it was quite manageable. Even under normal circumstances, its still best not to keep all your photos in a large memory card. In case one fails, you don't lose all your hardwork. :)