Question on macro

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainman

Apr 4, 2004
In my own world
Hi
I would like to know more on macro photography...VERY impressed by the quality of the pics taken by macro lens....

Can macro lens take protrait or day to day shoot? Can some1 post some pics on day to day shoot taken by the macro lens? Thanks.

I'm looking at tamron 90 mm macro and canon 100 2.8 USM macro? Any1 have better suggestion or alternatives to it. I'm a newbie but was prepared to paid less than 700 for the equipments..

Currently, I'm owning canon 300D,50mm 1.8,28-105 MK2, Sigma 70-300 APO 2

why can't a macro lens takes portrait or everyday shots? A 60mm macro len can double up as your standard lens. A 105mm macro lens can double as a short telephoto or a portrait lens. I take portraits regularly using my 105mm macro lens, as well as everyday shots, but don't have any ready samples to show you as i'm a film shooter. Any macro lens, due to the fact that it's macro, are one of the most highly corrected optics you can own and most have excellent flatness of field, and most have sharpness that can beat any other optic.

Apparently justarius has said it all. :thumbsup:

A macro lens, by technical definition, means it allows 1:1 magnification on (in this case) a 35mm film frame. It is achieved by having a shorter minimum focusing distance.

It shouldn't matter to use a macro lens as an everyday lens, except when you try to AF on a low-light subject and it hunts...it'll probably take a slightly longer time before your camera gives up AF-ing.

rainman said:
Hi
I would like to know more on macro photography...VERY impressed by the quality of the pics taken by macro lens....

Can macro lens take protrait or day to day shoot? Can some1 post some pics on day to day shoot taken by the macro lens? Thanks.

I'm looking at tamron 90 mm macro and canon 100 2.8 USM macro? Any1 have better suggestion or alternatives to it. I'm a newbie but was prepared to paid less than 700 for the equipments..

Currently, I'm owning canon 300D,50mm 1.8,28-105 MK2, Sigma 70-300 APO 2

You can refer to the shots taken in this gallery.
http://majere2sg.clubsnap.org/gallery/Catsshoots
Most of them are taken with the tamron 90mm SP Macro.
Pretty good lens :)

Status
Not open for further replies.