Question for c2100uz user

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcon

Jan 18, 2002
Hi guys,

Do you guys find that when you preview the images in your camera, it always appear vibrant even when you zoom in? But when u upload to your computer, the colors turn dull?
Are you facing the same problem? What is wrong?

Well, I don't think i've really found that a problem or have noticed such a large disparity between my camera and screen images.

I've sent some photos for development and the colours that came out are quite vibrant to me.

Some reasons could be that your screen or image viewer might not be calibrated to the correct colour levels to be consistent with the subject and what is viewed through your LCD?
Or that your c2100 LCD was set to high brightness?

There really might be a difference in the colour levels after going through the camedia pgm download, not sure about that, but such things can be easily corrected with Photoshop right?

What's impt is that when u finally print it out or send it for developing, the colour levels etc turn out the way you want and expect them to.

Originally posted by taicw

Some reasons could be that your screen or image viewer might not be calibrated to the correct colour levels to be consistent with the subject and what is viewed through your LCD?
Or that your c2100 LCD was set to high brightness?

I did not touch the brightness setting in the lcd. It was set to default all this while. if there is such a discrepancy, how am I supposed to get the exposure right? Post-editing doesn't sound too right.

Not very sure about LCD displays, but i think various CRT n LCD monitors might differ in the outputs depending on brand?

I think the impt thing is what is your end output. If the end output is to a printer, as long as the colours turn out at the levels you desire when printed, it's fine, even though they might be quite dull on your monitor (if u can live with that fact), and vice versa might happen.

If all you want is to match what you see on your cam's LCD, then i guess just adjust your screen's colour settings or the viewing pgm's settings? What exposures are you referring to?

You could always invest in one of those colour calibration thingys for your monitor if u want to be fussy over it.

Originally posted by Falcon
Hi guys,

Do you guys find that when you preview the images in your camera, it always appear vibrant even when you zoom in? But when u upload to your computer, the colors turn dull?
Are you facing the same problem? What is wrong?

Hi Falcon, chk ur in-camera sharpening....is it set on SOFT, NORMAL or HARD????

Cos the contrast of the pix are tied to the level of sharpening, more sharpening = higher contrast. At soft setting, most of ur pix will look rather flat in color + a little bit out of focus.

Try taking pix of the same subject at the same settings and change only the sharpening....you'll see the diff.

Some ppl prefer to change the contrast + sharpen the pix in Photoshop, while other set to HARD cos they like the higher contrast--> the pix appears more vibrant in color.

In general i will agree with the others that you need to tune some settings , in your monitor .

About the camera , the firmware v352p-77 ,does offer one fix over the colors , and specialy in the reds and yellow .

Lets say that this firmware does help , but if you are having a bad monitor , or out of tune , any image will look bad in it .

Originally posted by syncmaster
In general i will agree with the others that you need to tune some settings , in your monitor .

About the camera , the firmware v352p-77 ,does offer one fix over the colors , and specialy in the reds and yellow .

Lets say that this firmware does help , but if you are having a bad monitor , or out of tune , any image will look bad in it .

a bit OT
is this the latest firmware version?
I thought my one is already latest as I just bought it but when I check the firmware is version V352p-73? :dunno:
Do i need to have an update?

thanks!:)

The truth is that if something is good we all wan it .
And yes it worth to update your firmware as its good move ,as it is for any other device .

My camera had come with the 73 version too .
The 73 is a good version ,and actualy the first that gives support for 128 megs smart media cards .
Yes the 77 is the last known version for the C2100 .
I have hear that there is 78 version too ,but for the C700 camera , not the C2100 .

The point is that Olympus is playing games with the users by overcharging some times for theyr services .
In Europe at list they do it alot .

I was lucky , that i had a stucked green pixel in my CCD from the day 1 , and i send the camera for service ,after the first 15 days of ownership .
It come back fixed with the firmware in it .

But i will repeat , that the firmware does help , but is not the most responsible if you do not have yet ,the knowledge or the right hardware as monitor - computer - printer , that all this together will give you the power to really use the power of your C2100 .

Status
Not open for further replies.