Question about Polariser & UV Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

Hi,

I have a 5050 and am considering getting a 43mm Hoya Circular Polariser to fit over my 43mm UV Filter.

Have been told that this may cause vignetting ... any truth in it? If so how can I resolve this? Will stepping it up to a 52mm Polairser solve the problem? Or should I just remove the UV and replace it with the Polariser?

Any kind souls who can advise this newbie?

Originally posted by Retro
Hi,

I have a 5050 and am considering getting a 43mm Hoya Circular Polariser to fit over my 43mm UV Filter.

Have been told that this may cause vignetting ... any truth in it? If so how can I resolve this? Will stepping it up to a 52mm Polairser solve the problem? Or should I just remove the UV and replace it with the Polariser?

Any kind souls who can advise this newbie?

Remove UV, then use the polarizer. Try not to use more than 1 filter at a time unless absolutely necessary. Not only it increases the chances of flare, vignetting, it also degrades image quality.

Regards
CK

Just wondering, how are you going to use a polariser for night shots? A polariser takes about 1 to 2 stops off your image brightness. In conditions already so dim, if you put on a polariser, you will lose even more light, unless you are prepared to go into long shutter speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.