Question about Notebook Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokrot

Jun 2, 2003
Hi Guys,

A newbie in Notebook. Just got my first notebook from SH this week. Seems like the battery is abit short (disappointing). May I know whether there is such thing as OEM battery? Would probably consider buying one if possible. Thanks.. ;)

From my own personal experience it is better to use original battery for your notebook.

jbma said:
From my own personal experience it is better to use original battery for your notebook.

Thanks for the reply. May I ask whether it is possible original from Notebook shops? or is it advisable to get directly from Manfacturer? Thanks.. ;)

I have used OEM before and they never last long aslo not easy to get here. You can buy the original from Funan or any other reseller. If you go to the manufacturer the price would be more. I have experienced this with Acer, IBM, Dell and Toshiba. Not sure about the rest.

Renova at Sim Lim sells this external generic third party laptop battery. It connects to the AC port of the laptop. It's flat, around A5 size (half A4). About $250. i haven't tried it myself, but might be a substitute to originals.

i'm not affiliated to the shop, but that's where i got my lappy and the salesman recommended it to me when i asked about third party batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.