Queries on Developing photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

reaper3075

Jul 13, 2007
Jurong West
emuted.multiply.com
Hi all..

am a newbie here.. sent my 1st batch of photos to be developed at a nearby photo shop.. requested for 4R prints.

but when the photos were collected, i noticed that the photos had been cropped.. why is that so??

FYI.. i shot all the pictures using my 7.2mp FZ8, set at the biggest size.

could the experience photogs here advise me on the problem?

- issit the size of the photoprints? 4R is too small for a large size jpeg, therefore requiring a crop? perhaps if i print in 5R above, crop is not required?

- issit the aspect ratio? FYI, my aspect ratio was set at 4:3

many thanks in advance for the clarification. :)

thanks for the link.. good info there.

now since its too late for me, as i've already taken several pics using 4:3 aspect ratio, is there anyway to rectify the problem through photoshop? as in resizing so that the pic wont be cropped when printed..

thanks again.

thanks for the link.. good info there.

now since its too late for me, as i've already taken several pics using 4:3 aspect ratio, is there anyway to rectify the problem through photoshop? as in resizing so that the pic wont be cropped when printed..

thanks again.
there are many way...

1.crop your pic from 4:3 to 3:2
2.add a border to make it 3:2
3. stretch it (highly not recommanded)

tell shop not to crop when printing... then you will have white areas at the side that have no images

certain shops do print digital 4R size, 4.5 by 6 inch.. then you don't need to crop at all..

ya print in digital 4R. btw digital 4R is 4r with whiteborder around area after resized. Jumbo 4R is bigger than 4R and should fit the ratio better than standard 4R.

Status
Not open for further replies.