Qns:Adjustment layer/s on folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saberlancer

Jan 26, 2002
Singapore
Hi, Is there any way to add 'adjustment layer/s' to affect a layer set?
Thks.

My apologies on the title, Its layer sets not folders

press control and click on the line between the adjustment layer and the layerset to link them.

err.. u using PC rite?

in the layer palette, there's all the layer, one on top the other right? to apply a adjustment layer to ONLY THE LAYER UNDER IT, use the above method.

It should be the ALT button rite?

Anyway,I was asking abt linking it to a layer set NOT to a layer. :)
But thks anyway. ;)

saberlancer said:
It should be the ALT button rite?

Anyway,I was asking abt linking it to a layer set NOT to a layer. :)
But thks anyway. ;)
haha.. my bad. most of the time i'm not even looking at the keyboard when doing ps.. my hands work by themselves. heh.

nope u cant link it to a layer set cuz it's redundant. just put the adjustment layer as the top layer within the layer set itself and it should do the same as linking it outside.

Clown said:
nope u cant link it to a layer set cuz it's redundant. just put the adjustment layer as the top layer within the layer set itself and it should do the same as linking it outside.

Not possible when I have more than 1 layer set within a file. Not to mention nested layer sets. Not possible to link it outside.
Anyway,hope they'll put it into the next version.

cant fully understand ur problem here. if needed i'll go and have a look? i dun believe this cannot be solved.. i think CS is almost as streamlined as possible liao.. just needs a better histogram only.

attach.jpg

I need Curves1 to affect only Set1 and not Set2.
Possible?

of course there're workarounds like merging a layer set but thats not what I'm looking for.

2.jpg

duplicate that adjustment layer and place on the top of set 1 and 2 lor (dont link the adj layer to any layer oso). then it wont affect other sets. if got masking then u need to do the masking on 1 layer first then duplicate the mask over.

oh well,guess have to wait for next version.haha

Is it CS u're using? I can't find the group with previous?
Below is what I hope to do...(It's just a PS mockup)
Possible?Thanks

attach4.jpg

1.jpg

haha... well.. last resort, nest layer set 1 and 2 inside a new layerset lor.... :dunno: :dunno:

Doing that will affect layer set 1,2 and 3.Even layer0.

Cannot lah, PS just doesn't allow me to do what I want.
Hopefully will come out in next ver.
Thks.

WOW!!! someone in another forum actually found the solution!!!It worked!

"Create your adjustment layer while you have the layer set folder highlighted (which will put the AL at the top of the stack,) then change the blending mode of the entire layer set to anything OTHER than pass through. I don't know why this works, but it does apply the AL to just the layer set."

Thats amazing!!
Will try more to see how it really works out.
:) Thks for all who tried to help!

saberlancer said:
Doing that will affect layer set 1,2 and 3.Even layer0.

Cannot lah, PS just doesn't allow me to do what I want.
Hopefully will come out in next ver.
Thks.
strange... the original concept of layer sets are supposed to do just that..
u're right man.. this sucks.
i email adobe liao. >_<

3.jpg

while waiting for the reply, try this.. place the adjustment layer on top of a layer set and set the layer set blending mode to 'NORMAL' instead of the default 'pass through'. it seems that the adjustment layer effects does not leak thru the layer set this way. :think:

ah.. haha.. i'm late.

Status
Not open for further replies.