Push Dull looking RAW image to vibration color

A full (and original) version of CS3 and CS4 will have a RAW importing module... that you'll have to ask the photoshop users. I use DPP for my RAW processing primarily.

My RAW workflow:

1. Shoot
2. Download into Aperture (I am on Mac!). Do selection etc. Some will use Lightroom. Does pretty much the same thing.
3. Adjust WB, Highlights/Shadows, Recovery, Contrast/Saturation etc.
4. Export as Jpg
5. Do further processing in Photoshop if required. Otherwise, just upload if jpg is ok or feeling lazy. :)

Most of the time I will use sRGB color space since alot of web sites are not color managed.

Generally speaking at what frequency of the colour are you aiming for? As a rough guide, the primary colours; red, green and blue have a frequency of 430–480 THz, 540–610 THz and 610–670 THz respectively. ;p

frequencychart.gif

A full (and original) version of CS3 and CS4 will have a RAW importing module... that you'll have to ask the photoshop users. I use DPP for my RAW processing primarily.

I just did some experiment on DPP last nite. thanks to your advice. things getting better now :heart:

Start to get some ideas on how things work. haha. thanks a lot!

Generally speaking at what frequency of the colour are you aiming for? As a rough guide, the primary colours; red, green and blue have a frequency of 430–480 THz, 540–610 THz and 610–670 THz respectively. ;p

frequencychart.gif

:bsmilie:

Especially if shooting infrared photogs, then better to use RAW in DSLR. After that, i have to open the RAW infrared images in Nikon Capture NX before saving them as JPEG to be opened and PP in CS4.

Samples are already in @ http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=649304

Best of regards :)

my first time shoot in raw.

but I notice it is really noisy. I remember I put Iso not so high. Max was like 1600 because it was going to rain that time. anything I should look out for?

To reduce noise, try this trick. slightly overexpose your shots by say 1/3 to 2/3 ev. When you process yr RAW photo in DPP, the noise will be slightly lesser if you reduce the exposure. To further reduce noise, get a plugin like Neat image or Noise Ninja for you CS3/CS4. These plugin are quite cheap.

I normally use DPP to process my RAW because its easier and I find it better than camera RAW for CS. Furthermore, whatever you had adjusted will remains on your RAW file so you dont have to keep the hugh TIFF file. Oh.. I convert to 16bit TIFF because you can PP (retains more details) better in CS. Final image will be in Jpeg on CS.

This is my workflow and after getting used to it, it seems quite fast for me.

To reduce noise, try this trick. slightly overexpose your shots by say 1/3 to 2/3 ev. When you process yr RAW photo in DPP, the noise will be slightly lesser if you reduce the exposure. To further reduce noise, get a plugin like Neat image or Noise Ninja for you CS3/CS4. These plugin are quite cheap.

I normally use DPP to process my RAW because its easier and I find it better than camera RAW for CS. Furthermore, whatever you had adjusted will remains on your RAW file so you dont have to keep the hugh TIFF file. Oh.. I convert to 16bit TIFF because you can PP (retains more details) better in CS. Final image will be in Jpeg on CS.

This is my workflow and after getting used to it, it seems quite fast for me.

but then if we all shoot in raw, no time to process photo. Looks like takes me at least 20min for each photos :sweat:

about the exposure part, I am not too sure... normally I would just keep it as neutral. Or max 1 level up if really not enough light. it is the way to go? exposure too high then we cannot see much details. what u guys think?

how to install Camera Raw? I just managed to download it from cnet :(. the files from adobe.com all updater only. how come?

u shd hv camera raw plug-in in ur PS, jst that u need a higher version to view raw files fr newer camera.

What I did was, go to C drive - Program files - Common files - Adobe - Plug-ins & replace the raw to the later version..