Purchasing a Bag

some photographers have a few camera bags, not just one. imagine a scenario where you have:

2 bodies
4 lenses (imagine 2 regular-sized and 2 huge lenses)
2 flashes
a hoard of accessories

you buy one huge bag to store all of them.

but one day you decide to head out to shoot the streets and decide on just 1 body and 2 lenses.

are you gonna use the HUGE bag, or will you have a second bag for such situations?

so, get a bag for use now, and think about a bigger bag when you get there.

and honestly, if your parents are paying, tell them that gear protection is necessary to spend that amount.

but my advice? pay for it yourself. it's more satisfying that way.

For me I didn't know what to get for my first cam bag so I search around bns for something within my budget. Settle for a crumpled 7mdh although I have only 1 pancake lol. I like bigger since I can put many other things in it as well, all in one. If budget is a concern get a used one at least if u regret won't lose much compare to a new

I think it is usually not that easy to get a specific model 2nd hand. If you don't mind the fact that it is 2nd hand, and have the time to look, why not?

Recommend a Lowepro Fastpack 250, should be sufficient for u.

i have been looking around funan for a bag too and finally settle on lowepro Orion Daypack 200. its light and fit my requirement.

Vipers7 said:
i have been looking around funan for a bag too and finally settle on lowepro Orion Daypack 200. its light and fit my requirement.

Take note the padding is not so good hor

haha icic. Thanks for your suggestions guys! Really appreciate it. Have been searching reviews after reviews(after considering your suggestions and objective opinions) these few days and am still feeling for the think tank streetwalker. Hmmm.

Also, after reading many reviews, I realised this phrase keeps popping up: It doesn't look like a camera bag.

O_O

I found that a bit unnerving. . .If every camera bag doesn't look like a camera bag, then what looks like a camera bag? Currently, most camera bag designs "don't look like a camera bag". What advantage does "not looking like a camera bag" bring anyway? :dunno:

megain said:
haha icic. Thanks for your suggestions guys! Really appreciate it. Have been searching reviews after reviews(after considering your suggestions and objective opinions) these few days and am still feeling for the think tank streetwalker. Hmmm.

Also, after reading many reviews, I realised this phrase keeps popping up: It doesn't look like a camera bag.

O_O

I found that a bit unnerving. . .If every camera bag doesn't look like a camera bag, then what looks like a camera bag? Currently, most camera bag designs "don't look like a camera bag". What advantage does "not looking like a camera bag" bring anyway? :dunno:

Dun fret... This is a typical "first world" problem :)

Just get what u like... A bag is just a bag.

All those camera bags look like camera bags despite what they say.

Suggest you buy something which you really like in the first place. Don't get a second choice and regret later.

What advantage does "not looking like a camera bag" bring anyway? :dunno:

It simply "imply" that when you put your camera/lens etc in that bag, it won't tell the world that you are having a camera in the bag.... If translated, may also mean lesser chance of getting targeted by robbers.