Pulau Ubin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Mint (of course got number)
2. Drumma
3. bcad84
4. raptor 84 (recieved hp no.)
5. LordAero
6. namska (90705161) (hiyo... clear ur pm ma... haha... sms me 2dys b4 to remind me can?)
7. Redstone (recieved hp no.)
8. John Teoh
9. Sore-eyez
10. yum yum (90014856) (check your pm!)
11. Syc77 (recieved hp no.)
12. Mephesto (90097872)
13. rebbot
14. Andy Ang (recieved hp no.)
15. -taken- (EH, the person who pm me with name and got friend also want to come wan, i accidently delete your pm. post here again kae.)

please update your hp number![/U]
if not i cant remind you.

Spaces CLOSED. :embrass:
overwhelming response!!!
was quite shocked.
must turn up kae! if not let me know earlier.

anyone non-cyclist??

important!

**** please state your level of shiongness in photography scale of
(brand newbie)1-10(pro). (dont shyyyy)
so i can split the group properly kae.

im only a 1.5. :bsmilie:

*** and what kinds of shots are you hoping to take? specific or everything! (esp film users)

2. Drumma
3. bcad84
5. LordAero
6. namska (90705161) (hiyo... clear ur pm ma... haha... sms me 2dys b4 to remind me can?)
8. John Teoh (91509621)
9. Sore-eyez
12. Mephesto (90097872)
13. rebbot
15. -taken- (EH, the person who pm me with name and got friend also want to come wan, i accidently delete your pm. post here again kae.)

please update your hp number![/U]
if not i cant remind you.

Spaces CLOSED. :embrass:
overwhelming response!!!
was quite shocked.
must turn up kae! if not let me know earlier.

anyone non-cyclist??

important!

**** please state your level of shiongness in photography scale of
(brand newbie)1-10(pro). (dont shyyyy)
so i can split the group properly kae.

im only a 1.5. :bsmilie:

*** and what kinds of shots are you hoping to take? specific or everything! (esp film users)

2. Drumma (recieved hp no. in email)
3. bcad84
5. LordAero (recieved hp no.)
6. namska (90705161) (kae!)
8. John Teoh (91509621)
9. Sore-eyez
12. Mephesto (90097872)
13. rebbot

thanks ya.... ermmm... scared i 4get... haha... so now u guys riding a bike there? got contigency plan? rain how? haha

I thought biking will be more fun. It also allows group to cover more ground. It'll be more useful to split group up into cyclist and non-cyclists before divide by photographer 'siongness'. Besides, even if you group more experienced and less experienced photographers/ubin visitors, the less experienced can learn and the more experienced can share their experience.

Good idea to travel in small groups. Personally I definitely prefer to shoot in small groups especially when travelling is involved. Too bad group is already full. Hope you guys have fun. Good to see new members to stand up to organise events. That's the spirit. Don't shy! ;)

yeocolin said:
I thought biking will be more fun. It also allows group to cover more ground. It'll be more useful to split group up into cyclist and non-cyclists before divide by photographer 'siongness'. Besides, even if you group more experienced and less experienced photographers/ubin visitors, the less experienced can learn and the more experienced can share their experience.

Good idea to travel in small groups. Personally I definitely prefer to shoot in small groups especially when travelling is involved. Too bad group is already full. Hope you guys have fun. Good to see new members to stand up to organise events. That's the spirit. Don't shy! ;)

hahaha. i know. i want to split nicely so got the more experienced for us to learn from also. :D not into pro group and casual group, if not not much point also.

is it possible for two non-cylist to ride tandem??? :S
no right. hmmm.

namska said:
thanks ya.... ermmm... scared i 4get... haha... so now u guys riding a bike there? got contigency plan? rain how? haha

yup. i hope everyone can cycle cause then you'll be able to see much much more.
cause some places very far like the temple, etc.

ahah. i really hope its not rainy season liao.
if just rain small drizzle over, its should be sup nice to take macro plants shots.

if storm. i need to think VERY VERY HARD.
i bring poker cards. :bsmilie:
who bring board games??
( kidding, though i really bring cards around :angel: )

no lah. i'll monitor the weather the 2 weeks prior to the outing. so if any changes i'll just sms all of you. ;)
hope mother nature is happy and kind.

Contingency plan is we all go back changi village and eat the cheap curry fish head .. best way to warm up after rain :D

raptor84 said:
Contingency plan is we all go back changi village and eat the cheap curry fish head .. best way to warm up after rain :D
Fully agree, though not necessarily need to each curry fish head of course. Haha...
Just make good use of the companionship despite wet weather. :D

mintae said:
hahaha. i know. i want to split nicely so got the more experienced for us to learn from also. :D not into pro group and casual group, if not not much point also.

is it possible for two non-cylist to ride tandem??? :S
no right. hmmm.
Don't use tandem bikes!!! Ubin terrain is very uneven. Tandem bikes will make it difficult to cycle. You'll need mountain bike and even then a weaker cyclist will find it very tiring even without carrying tripod, although you definitely don't need to be a strong cyclist. Found all these by personal experience. I know I'm not strong cause I struggle to complete Bukit Timah cycling trail, but definitely found it easy when cycling at Ubin with rented mountain bikes.

Hi mint, do let me know if you need any help in planning? :) I am not sure how u wanna do it and 15 ppl is quite a big group, but I'm sure all will have fun.

Me also newbie learning something new everyday. ;)

mintae said:
i'll monitor the weather the 2 weeks prior to the outing. so if any changes i'll just sms all of you. ;)
hope mother nature is happy and kind.

erm..it's going to b hard to monitor..
the other time i was there,the island was having a light shower just before i left.but mainland was raining cats n dogs...i would say let's just meet up @ the jetty.If it's been raining from Sat night to the next morning,might as well change the date..some of the areas will b flooded/too muddy/slippery to cross..some more Feb is raining season...just pray we encounter light rain.

last but not least,since most of us r cycling,we could have a case or two of ppl develop leg cramps.if so,how??

syc77 said:
erm..it's going to b hard to monitor..
the other time i was there,the island was having a light shower just before i left.but mainland was raining cats n dogs...i would say let's just meet up @ the jetty.If it's been raining from Sat night to the next morning,might as well change the date..some of the areas will b flooded/too muddy/slippery to cross..some more Feb is raining season...just pray we encounter light rain.

last but not least,since most of us r cycling,we could have a case or two of ppl develop leg cramps.if so,how??

omg!! i never thought about the leg cramp issue explicitly (HAHAHA) but just to be kiasu i'll bring some basic first aid stuff like plaster and cleaning lotion and the muscle rub. =)
and put up a list of must brings soon just for those supermen who think they dont need anything.

i wont make you all scale the super slope or rough terrain!
(cause i myself cannot make it. :bsmilie: )
just the nicer places (the whole island is nice!). =)

i heard from a source (r*** =D) that the heavy crazy showers should end soon. :)
lets hope the reports are right.
otherwise no harm just shifting it back abit. :angel:

rebbot said:
Hi mint, do let me know if you need any help in planning? :) I am not sure how u wanna do it and 15 ppl is quite a big group, but I'm sure all will have fun.

Me also newbie learning something new everyday. ;)

im splitting into either 2 or 3 groups with some criss crossing of locations so we get to meet still and go with others and make sure just in case some groups dont end up on frog island or something. then meet up for mid day lunch (which you tapao kae) (after which i hope can plan the easiest after lunch route). =)
im going to recce after the rainy season to see if anything has changed, confirm the routes, difficulty, etc.

who want to be group leader! :bsmilie:
familier with our granite island please. ( i treat you 1 bottle water! :bsmilie: )

and you suggest split 2 or 3 groups leh? hmmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.