Prom

Status
Not open for further replies.
What lens you guys suggest using?

I"ll bring my 85mm f/1.8 and a 70-200mm f/2.8 IS and my flash

Prob take pics wearing a tuxedo. Challenging!

huh?! bring the 70-200 for wat????
i tot at the prom normally only take group shots and portraits of a few person? for this kind of range i think the 17-55 IS is the best..[somemore its normally low light in the ball room, IS helps a lot]

or u intending to use 70-200 to shoot ur dream gal from far far away? :devil: :devil: :devil:

Post abt clothes bcm that of cams, no wonder call cs-ers.. pardon this ignorant kid here, all the talks abt lens etc izzit bigger no better ? hee

i read also no use.. i noe nuts =(

n hor.. normally we all jus bring normal d.cam nt meh?

orh!! finally! ya this 1 i noe hahas end of yr go try =)

I would suggest you make some sketches of your own designs and get them done at a tailor. I'm designing for myself and a couple of close friends. There definitely will not be any one with the same outfit as yourself, plus you get to pick your own material at the tailors as well. They have many different fabrics ranging from traditional, but gorgeous, satin to something more daring like velour for instance.

The best thing about a tailored dress/outfit is that it will sit well on you because it's sewn for you. If you're not the "creative" sort, then try picking up some magazines to get some ideas of what's in vogue and what's not. Downloading runway shows of the latest winter collections by various designers will also help you get an idea of what you want for your own dress. Feel free to import various detailing or design from different labels in your sketches. It's not that hard really. Naturally, it's fun to do the design on your own but if you're not confident, checking out the latest collections are a good idea. You'd typically like to set aside a budget of about $200. Be as specific about the design as possible. Tailors are people who sew, they are not designers.

As a tip, short, straight hems and empire cuts are making appearances almost everywhere for the 2006 fall/winter collections. I could go on about this for ages, but that would greatly affect your own design decisions, which you should really work out for yourself.

Style is an art, it works the same as photography. You've got to consider things like visual weight, colour combinations, lines, etc. The most important thing you MUST MUST take note of is to get your make-up done properly, preferably by a pro if you don't know how to get the colours right yourself. Make-up should always work hand-in-hand with your dress/outfit and they should not be clashing with one another, which is what i see all too often. Go easy on the blusher/bronzer(this is the main problem that girls have with make-up).

Keep it chic, good luck!

e makeup part.. totally agree my last one was a total mutant thanks to my trust in my cousin's fren.. as for designing my own prom dress...i've gt a) no creativity b) i fail art and c) no $ =( haha shall buy a cheap 1 n do sm changes to it i guess...

hub_bo said:
e makeup part.. totally agree my last one was a total mutant thanks to my trust in my cousin's fren.. as for designing my own prom dress...i've gt a) no creativity b) i fail art and c) no $ =( haha shall buy a cheap 1 n do sm changes to it i guess...

As long as you think you look good in your prom outfit, I think you done yourself justice. :thumbsup:

panzerpunk said:
As long as you think you look good in your prom outfit, I think you done yourself justice. :thumbsup:

lols tt one v hard. girls.. super picky 1

hub_bo said:

Accessorise away then. Btw, there's no real need to go in a dress and EVERYONE's gonna be in dress. So dry. It'll reduce your budget by a lot. Check out what you have in your wardrobe and pull a "diva on a dime".

The ~$200 I spoke about was for an "expensive runway" look btw, you might be able to cut it down if you designed something simpler. The important thing is the fit. A real problem with dresses and asian women is that some times the bust area and hip area for dresses tends to be a bit "airy", which looks really awful. Bear in mind that a lot of dresses that come off the rack are designed using caucasian dress sizes.

There are lots of ways to be feminine outside of a dress. Think more, spend less.

i can totally relate with e airy part lol...yep thanks for ur tips ! Shall look much much into it after A's .. sigh..

hub_bo said:
i can totally relate with e airy part lol...yep thanks for ur tips ! Shall look much much into it after A's .. sigh..

No problem. Have a good prom :)

Status
Not open for further replies.